From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice >

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Notices

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Old 09-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another

I was where you ar a couple of months ago, I upgraded from a 202 Islander to a 25 outlaw.
It was a great move, the ride is so much better, my kids and wife love the 25 so much more and its great to have all the added room.
I, am absolutey thrilled with the 25, love the way it looks on the back of my truck, the ride,the way the496 HO roars,the drop down seats, electric hatch.....
In short, I dodn't regret the upgrade and I did go with a used boat w/145
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

Default ohhhhhhh

State: Germany
Year: 2003 Baja
Model: 25 Outlaw SST Re: Looking to Upgrade 25 or 26 Outlaw????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was interesting to see how the Baja got mobbéd by the Donzi gang! There is no way to be unbiased when you already have bought your way into a boat.
However, as I said on OSO, although the 27ZR is a good looking boat, it doesnīt match the robust practicality of the 25/26.

What I have really appreciated about the 25 over the last two years is that the depth of the cockpit really gives the feeling like you are on something bigger. And again, when the going gets rough, or you find one of those deep holes amoungst the chop, you appreciate every inch of freebord that the Baja hull offers.

The handling of a Baja hull is faultless and foolproof, and I donīt think you can say that about all stepped offshore hulls under 35 foot. The Sunsation section is littered with stories of boats that bit back.

25 or 26? Well Iīm biased and have a fast and capable 25 that Iīve done my way, and I love it to bits.
Let me however note a couple of features that I like about the newer 26. The integated liners, tidying up the engineroom and making the cabin easy to keep clean and pristine are a big step. The generous size of the cockpit, with more space behind the bolsters is good. The steps either side of the rear bench are great. It does look much more modern, both inside and out.

You will have alot of fun with a 496 power boat, whichever you choose, but I can garantee you that if you have enough money left over to upgrade to more power, you will enjoy every mile that you add to your Outlaw`s
performance envelope, because it really is a driver`s boat
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Default A few from this site

It's a tough call...everyone will tell u Donzi,I agree except for the fact that any Baja for sale is gone in a week...they have a great resale value...I know this,I've had two...like I said,tough call...there's my .02 If driven right the 25 Outlaw can handle some pretty rough water for a 25' boat. I have one on Lake Michigan and I love it. There is really NO comparison between the 25 Outlaw and your 22 Scarab.
I think you will be surprised how well the 25 Outlaw runs the big stuff.
Lake Michigan is an extremly rough body of water and my 25 does great on it. You obviously have to watch the weather beacause a 25 Outlaw is not a 42' boat!
It is a super deep boat with a lot of freeboard for a 25 footer and feels very safe in the rough stuff.
Also it lands really SOFT on re-entry because of the 24 degree bottom and the HEFTY 4800 lb weight.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Default another

I've got an 05 25' O/L and love it. The water here where I boat is pretty rough sometimes, but with the current prop, it handles it really well. Much better than the 24' H2X I had. There are several Baja's in my area, and everyone, including me, is extremely pleased with our boats. You won't be sorry if you get one.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Iīm an englishman living in Stuttgart, Germany and would like to introduce myself and my Baja.
After having spent a dozen years of what I thought was adventurous boating I bought a 2003 25 Outlaw. Life hasnīt been the same since! Hey, this is pure addiction. Iīve spent a couple of evenings reading through various threads, and can see that this virus isnīt new and its definitely an epidemic. Wild Card got its name and the F1 number after I discovered the story about the factory entry in Powerboat mag.
The boat came over from Ilinois in early 2004 with only 5 hours on it, although the first owner (name unknown) took delivery of it from Grand Sport Center in July 2002. I bought it in July 2005 with 70 hours on it (scanned the ECU - numbers ok and no bad history) This boat was like new. Everything was tight like a virgin. Its now got 150 hours on it. I did a 110 mile Poker run the day after I bought it and a liquid quarter mile event in september. I used it for four weeks down in St Tropez (where we took the helicopter shots). Ran alongside an Apache called Tsunami several times down there. They and the Cigs (TGs and Glads) were always friendly, waved and were often surprised how fast we were out on the open water.
Iīm really happy with and proud of my 25!
Oh yes, its a 496HO and it does the 67 GPS at 4900 on a labbed 25(6) B1. 525EFI coming up!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered

another proud 25 ol owner. welcome to the board.you guys need to stop buying the 25ol. im running out of people to sell mine to
Old 09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Can't Beat The Ride In A 25 Outlaw Thats For Sure!!
And I Think They Are Faster Then A Sunation
Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a 25OL for over three years and used it extensively here in Tampa Bay and the Gulf with little to no problems on most days. You'd be hard pressed to find a better riding 25'er. It's a simple straight vee, 24deg, well balanced boat with a fair amount of weight. Not the quickest, but well-suited for choppy waters. The twin ram tabs aren't great, I always wished they were longer, but they are effective.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

For that size they are as good as it gets, everyone I know that has had or has one loves
Old 09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered

have an 2002 25 outlaw with 496 ho. i love the boat. i boat on the hudson and it handles the water fine. for the money and size its a great boat

Quick Reply: From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.