From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice >

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Notices

From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Old 09-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Looking for some advice and this seems to be the best place to get it. I curently own a Baja H2X 1998 7.4 MPI . Looking for something that can do alittle more and handle some more ocean. I am currently looking @ a 1999 26 ZX 190 hrs. was told that it need some TLC but motor MC 502 is solid. Could anyone tell me what type of upgrade this would be from the H2X and is there anything I should be aware of when buying a donzi Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my neighbor has a 26zx, great riding boat, the diff between the zx and the H2x is huge, better ride and handling by far, from the ones he looked at seems the bottom around the step likes to get stess cracks, maybe from bad storage on bunks, but other than that great boat, trimming the boat will be a bit diff from the Baja, but she rides flat on smooth and rough water.
hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:45 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Huge difference. Much deeper cockpit, stand up drop down bolster seats. 24 degree hull and some more length. go for it.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by mattd7
Looking for some advice and this seems to be the best place to get it. I curently own a Baja H2X 1998 7.4 MPI . Looking for something that can do alittle more and handle some more ocean. I am currently looking @ a 1999 26 ZX 190 hrs. was told that it need some TLC but motor MC 502 is solid. Could anyone tell me what type of upgrade this would be from the H2X and is there anything I should be aware of when buying a donzi Thanks in advance for any help.
I made the same jump last year, I went from a 22' Chaparral to a 99 26zx. We've really enjoyed the boat, it does seem to like a slight chop, & actually the boat will get faster then. A better example for ya, we were boating over in Pensacola, & crossing the bay in a good 3' chop, we were running 60 & the boat handled perfect. The wife is not real happy running that fast, but she defiently notices the ride is way different. One thing though, when you get it trimmed out & on the back step, you can definetly feel it get "slippery", & you definetly don't want to lay it hard into a turn, that may make you have to change your shorts. By the way, what is his asking price? I am seriously thinking of going bigger, I'm looking at a couple of 33zx deals. Mine will go at a good price, let me know if ya might be intrested. Good Luck...It's a great boat, you'll enjoy it...
Old 09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered

No more advice needed - you already made the right choice from a Baja to a Donzi !
Old 09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the feedback hope the deal goes through. Ill keep everyone posted!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donzi all the way.. It will crush the waves.. The boat is going to be a night & day difference from what you are used to.. The only thing you may hunger for is more speed.. We can handle that for you if you want...

Welcome to the team..

Feel free to give me a call if you want to know more.. I do a lot of stuff to Donzi's & have owned a bunch myself including my currrent new one which we are putting a blower in..

Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628

Old 09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

Have you seen this one? It belongs to a neighbor of mine, and it is priced VERY attractively.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17102-en.html
Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Thats a great deal for that boat I need to Trade or sell my boat first if this deal doesnt go throught lll DEFFINATLY be in touch thanks for the heads up
Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by mattd7
Thats a great deal for that boat I need to Trade or sell my boat first if this deal doesnt go throught lll DEFFINATLY be in touch thanks for the heads up
When I list my ZX, I'll have it priced below that....I've got my eye on a couple of deals right now, let me know if you might be intrested.

Quick Reply: From Baja to Donzi ZX Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.