Notices

27 zr..

Old 12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the one I like the most. It is the only one on boattrader with drive and tab indicators and hands down the best trailer.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea what is out there for graphics selection.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails 27 zr..-90103153_1.jpg  
Old 12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

Hey sox, thanks for posting pics. Most of the ones ive seen have the graphics of the blue and white. Ithink the yellow one is the nicest looking for me! Let us know when you pull the trigger! Will be curius about the price.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:52 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

It'll be a while. I have some business that needs tending to first.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOX
That's the one Jamie.

Are you guys still in some sort of business together?? (Boat listing etc) I like the ZR a lot. I need to sell my boat first. If you know anyone in the market for a 58mph bow rider let me know. It's clean with a new (Reman.) 5.8l ,CMI exhaust & DP drive.

Woody is a friend of mine, however Woody & I were never in business together. We did do a lot of sales between us & rotate boat invintory back-n-forth for several years. Pretty much now that I dont do sales, I share some listings on occasion & just do some sales refferals to him and a few other places depending on what one is looking for..

I have been too swamped with Custom, Resto & service work anymore to spend the time on boat sales.. It's probably better off anyway as boat sales the last several couple of years has been rough for most..

As far as your current raft, try listing it in the other boats section on OSO classifieds or list it on Boat trader.. I think you will probably find the best results there if you do not wish to trade it..

Regarding dealing with Woody, or one of the guys like Steve Parker down at Jackson Marine, I am Sure they can help you with buying your Zr... & tell them I said to take good care of you..

If you should pull the trigger on a new Donzi or other perf boat & should need any of our services or upgrades feel free to give me a call...

Happy holidays.. Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

Old 01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Well I took my wife to look at the 27 today and she wasn't very comfortable in the passenger seat. She was okay with the seat up but only had the side grab bar to keep her secire feeling (the dash bar was too far away for her). Also with the seats down she couldn't reach the foot rests so she didn't feel very secure standing. Also she was concerned about getting on the bow in a hurry. I told her to use the cabin hatch but she didn't like that idea. In March they (Jackson Marine) will have the boat in the water and we may try to get a ride to see if she is more comfy under way.

Kinda' ironic that a supposed sit down boat was too big for my wife.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Commercial Member

Sox, He has a few other Donzis for sale too a few 28's & I think a 26.. There is 1 28 that looks clean with the typhoon graphics.. Your wife may like the deeper freeboard of the zx.. I know my wife feels more comfy in them (the zx's) unless you were to get in to a 35 or larger zr then she doesnt mind.. Despite all of that the 27 is still a really good boat, It just doesnt always fit eveyones needs.. JMO.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 01-05-2008, 07:50 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Trust me Jamie, I wish the boat fit her better but it just doesn't and I understand her comfort has a lot to do with my happiness. WE did hop onto a new 28 ZX which is sitting next to the ZR. She was much more comfortable in that. I won't be alb eto afford a NEW 28ZX but the one "nice" used 28 ZX may be in our price range but I really would like to stay with a single engine boat.

We have been on Active Thunders and we may hold out to try to find a nice used 28 Savage like the one they have in stock now at the factory.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by SOX
Trust me Jamie, I wish the boat fit her better but it just doesn't and I understand her comfort has a lot to do with my happiness. WE did hop onto a new 28 ZX which is sitting next to the ZR. She was much more comfortable in that. I won't be alb eto afford a NEW 28ZX but the one "nice" used 28 ZX may be in our price range but I really would like to stay with a single engine boat.

We have been on Active Thunders and we may hold out to try to find a nice used 28 Savage like the one they have in stock now at the factory.

I can understand that.. You may want to watch for a 26 zx.. It is basically the same as the 28 but a single engine & less than 1' difference between the 2.. The cockpit is the same as is the carpet & cover!!.. I love my 26zx.. Jamie / Lakeside

Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

If you are interested in a single engine Zx, this 26 was Frank C.'s (Shanghied Again) personal boat and is flawless. The motor and drive are fresh w/ 2+/- hours on it. It is right up in South Jersey.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20455-en.html

Last edited by Tom A.; 01-05-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Thanks Jamie, I didn't realize how similar in size the 26 &28 are.

Tom thanks for the link to Frank's boat. I like it, I will just have to see what is available once I am ready to buy.

Rob