38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Notices

38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
From style, comfort, fit & finish to speed and handling I would find it hard to believe the Gladiator is a bettter boat.

If you are looking for all of the above, maybe you should try Phils new Glad w/ 700,s. Don't forget, the new drives with real propellors makes a big difference in ride. As far as fit and finish? Donzi's quality, as nice as it is, is still second to Cigarette. I considered the Donzi, but felt it was kinda bland looking. Once again, both nice boats.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IM4A2Z
What sort of GPS speeds are the 525 ZRC's running?
faster than a Gladiator..6-7.8 faster..with the newer bottom....
Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
faster than a Gladiator..6-7.8 faster..with the newer bottom....
Interested to know with the old twin step hull.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does the half cabin look like?

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
What does the half cabin look like?

Thanks.
Ditto!! Have they actually built a Donzi 38ZRC w/ that option? How would you access the cabin area?

Pics?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

There is one I know of with a cabin. Donzi actually called it a quarter cabin. They took the storage area directly under the two deck hatches and bulkheaded the for and aft sections and installed a pair of facing love seats. The only access is through the deck hatches. It is not much of a cabin but it does provide a place to get changed or out of the sun for a few minutes.
I had Typhoon install a porta-potti in mine for those just in case times. When I lost a motor running to A/C in June, it was a long 4+ hour idle in. It would have been alot better had we been able to enjoy cocktails and not worry about if we had to pee!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I kind of assumed it would have to be deck access w/ the way the helm is laid out. I'd love to see pics if someone has any.

Unfortunately I too have experienced such in my room for 5 & nothing else boat limping back to the dock.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

This is the boat that I know has the cabin, but i don't have any of the cabin itself.
Attached Thumbnails 38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator-donzi-cabin.jpg  
Old 09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

how many 03-04 zrc's were made?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I kind of assumed it would have to be deck access w/ the way the helm is laid out. I'd love to see pics if someone has any.

Unfortunately I too have experienced such in my room for 5 & nothing else boat limping back to the dock.
The cabin was deck access and was the space between the cockpit bulkhead and the next bulkhead forward. the sides were 2 facing lounge seats in red uphostery and everything else (which was just the floor and walls) were white gel coat or paint.

Cabin is a pretty loose term here, at least when big thunder owned it. Maybe 6 feet long or so is all. no storage compartments, coolers, shore power, lights or anything else just a gel coated area with 2 small seats. I'm not sure if you could sit upright on the seats even, I didn't crawl into it because the seats that would sit on the stringers were not bolted down at the time and the were jumbled across the floor. IE they bounced around during the last outing and hadn't been replaced.

you could change in it or put a porta potty in, your head may stick out the hatch while taking a deuce! you wouldn't want to spend much time in it. It could have been set up better for storage if you wanted and you could take any ZRC and add the lounge seats, they weren't much.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 10-01-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: 38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.