Notices

38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Which is the better boat?
Same engine/drive combination.
They are more or less the same price(used)!

See with a non "knowing's" eyes it could be up to the drop of a dime, which one to pic up.

Thanks MOrten

You could be bias,so I will make the same question on the cigarette page.

If the subject has been coverd, I'm sorry.. Please give me a point in the right direction..
Old 08-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

I think the Cig's are visually more appealing (maybe because most of them have high dollar paint jobs) but the Donzi's also look good for what they are - competition race boats without exotic paint. As far as performance goes - there's no secret that the ZR's have won about a gazillion offshore races. Even as a neutral Fountain owner without a dog in the fight, I don't think there can be a serious debate about which of these two sit-down boats performs better.

As far as everyday use it seems like the seating in the Glads is a little more user friendly - again, because the ZR seating is built like a race boat. And from what I've read over the years on OSO and other sites it would seem that ZR's are less prone to swap ends in hard turns, but be prepared to duck if you point that out in the Cig forum
Old 08-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

36 Gladiator is a sit down boat and the 38ZR is a stand or sit boat. The Donzi 38ZR Competition is a sit down boat and these Donzi's are a little longer than the Cig.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I think the Cig's are visually more appealing (maybe because most of them have high dollar paint jobs) but the Donzi's also look good for what they are - competition race boats without exotic paint. As far as performance goes - there's no secret that the ZR's have won about a gazillion offshore races. Even as a neutral Fountain owner without a dog in the fight, I don't think there can be a serious debate about which of these two sit-down boats performs better.

As far as everyday use it seems like the seating in the Glads is a little more user friendly - again, because the ZR seating is built like a race boat. And from what I've read over the years on OSO and other sites it would seem that ZR's are less prone to swap ends in hard turns, but be prepared to duck if you point that out in the Cig forum
Well said (especially from a Fountain man!....just kidding). I bought my Comp. in October after seriously debating the two and absolutely love it. I can't believe how well it runs and it has never caught me by surprise. It flies truer than any V-bottom I have ever been on and handles like it is on rails. Mine runs over 110 with twin 700 hp motors and will out accelerate just about anything from 60-90.
I also get more compliments on poker runs about the demeanor of the boat while it is running and also how great it looks. Hardcore sit down go fast that does it right with understated classic looks!
Attached Thumbnails 38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator-donzi_srq_pra_2007_19%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been looking to buying a zrc or gladiator myself,I really like the interior setup on the zrc,the canopys are really nice(i have owned several 36 spectres with them)I have never rode in one,but everyone i talked to really likes them.The cig is an awesome boat,most have awesome paint and more bling than the donzi.I would buy either boat,just depends on the deal and if the boat fits my style.All things the same i think i prefer the zrc
Old 08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Most Comps are pretty subdued when it comes to paint schemes, but that leaves a blank canvas for anything YOU want. As far as the interiors, mine is looking as slick as any Cig.
Attached Thumbnails 38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator-new-zr-2.jpg  

Last edited by Tom A.; 08-29-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

In addition to what you guys have already said, I feel it's a benefit to have a port-side drive position. I'm righty and like throttling with my right hand. Beautiful boat, Tom A!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zr will smoke a glad in equal cond...

done it more that once
Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the compliment.
Custom you know it better than I do, the Comp is its own animal and really sets the bar for V-Bottom performance. When I bought the boat in Oct., the motors were still 625hp and I was running down the 700 hundred standard Zrs and 39 Cigs.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 992 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Most Comps are pretty subdued when it comes to pain schemes, but that leaves a blank canvas for anything YOU want. As far as the interiors, mine is looking as slick as any Cig.

That boat is bangin......... I hate red interiors but it works in a Donzi......

Quick Reply: 38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.