Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow is all I can say. My Dad was heading up to a Donzi dealer this week to price out a 27zr but I will be telling him about this situation. I have been trying to push him towards a 288 Sunsation anyways. This will help me.

BTW, the 35zr is on my short list for my next boat, but i will be buying pre-owned.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get in touch with mahopac. i am sure they have something in store for you that you could have in the water by next week.

i have a sunny 32 and could not be more happy with product and/or support from the guys at the factory.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by intouch1
get in touch with mahopac. i am sure they have something in store for you that you could have in the water by next week.

i have a sunny 32 and could not be more happy with product and/or support from the guys at the factory.
Agreed. They took my Dad out on a 288 and let him hammer on it for an afternoon so he could see what it could do. He really liked the boat, but would want a 525(the test boat had an HO).
Old 04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Since Donzi can't find any gel coat for Andy they are going to give him a brand new prototype guage.

"Donzi meter"
Attached Images  

Last edited by SOX; 04-28-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOX
Since Donzi can't find any gel coat for Andy they are going to give him a brand new prototype guage.

"Donzi meter"
Hey SOX. I think that the story is terrible and Andy has been seriously jerked around. He has a right to be pissed and I would not blame him for wanting to bust the deal and go elsewhere or buy used.

Now I would appreciate it if you would go bask somewhere else. You are starting to get that cat that ate the canary attitude and it is not too cool. You don't even have a boat so I don't know why you are so high and mighty.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 04-28-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I don't have a problem with the boats just the way Donzi is treating Andy. I am sorry if I am coming off as basking in this. That is not the case at all. I was very eager to see Andy's boat come together. I hope some of the people over at Donzi read how stupid there excuses sound and get their heads out of there butts and build Andy a boat.

P.S. I am not high and mighty at all. If you knew me you would know this. I am a very humble person and the fact I do not currently own a boat does not matter. What does matter is Andy is being jerked around and YOU as a Donzi owner should be pissed off that your "brand" is pulling lame excuses and lies to a fellow boater who is deperatly trying to buy a boat from them.

Peace,
Rob
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, I just read this whole thing and all I can say is WOW, Andy Get your Money Back, They Oviously don't give a Sh*t about you. I have known Craig Barrie for years and can tell you he isn't in it for the money (yours means Nothing to him) They are just putting other more favorable boats ahead of yours. Even with a lean crew it doesnt take 7 weeks to build a boat (unless 1 guy is doing it all) I'm sorry to hear about this Total BS you have been through, It's actually pis-sing me off just reading it, Wow, Pull the Plug and wave the middle finger or get 20k knocked of for the BS factor, Wow, Just Fuggin Wow....
Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

I want to start by thanking everyone for reading my story. It is crazy to think about all the interest that everyone has had in my saga. I have heard so many different opinions on how to proceed from here. In the past few days I have had dealers contact me on different boats they can offer me, to even a manufacture with some very interesting options. So, I have some big decisions to make in the next few weeks. Do I continue on with the BS from Donzi, or cut my lost time and start looking elsewhere.

After talking to Craig today, I feel like the chances that this boat ever happening is slim to none. The ironic thing about my conversation today was that it ended with I can't believe how many hits your thread on oso has gotten. Customers have been calling me and telling me about what this guy is writing. Even some of the employees at the factory are following my nightmare. You would think after all I went through I would atleast get an apology.

Maybe I should have bought a 43 to get noticed, I guess the "entry level 27" doesn't mean anything.

That is my rant for today.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off you situation sucks and I feel for ya but.....

I am Brand loyal for sure but at this point, PULL THE PLUG !

There are tons of new zr's out there.....Swap in a new bobtail 525 from merc, get the warrenty and sell the 496 ....you will be miles ahead $$$$$$

do the math...
figure $80,000 for a new off the floor 27 ZR
Bobtail 525 about $35,000
Labor $5000

you are now in it for $ 120,000

sell the 496 H.O. for figure $ 10,000

now you have a 525 powered new boat all warrenties are there and you only have $ 110,000 in it.

Donzi has Fukked you send a message and be done with it.

Rant over

Bryan
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered

I agree ,PULL THE PLUG.In todays market you have options like never before.C'mon its boating season,why wait for Donzi any longer.Its obvious that your boat is not a priority to them.

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.