Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 01-17-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned a 26ZX and sold 27ZRs. The 26ZX is a heavier boat but the 27ZR is built like a raceboat, When the ZR was built she was built off a Raceboat design, she flys over swells much better then the ZX but the ZR is also Kevelar so she is lighter. So the saying is Yes she can handle the rough stuff but can your body endure the rough stuff she is only a 27ft boat.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Registered

Default I think I can

I handled the rough stuff in my little 22 scarab and it didn't have drop out bolsters. It was fun but sometimes I felt like the boat was going to get ripped apart or myself. On some days when the ocean was calm it was a blast. I always wanted a ZR (preferably 35 or 38) But I can afford a 27. I think the 27 would be a much nicer ride but the worthless cabin is not going work for me.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 AM
my00b16si

If it helps, Donzi is making a new version of the 27zr for 2009 as with the 35,38 and 43 but to target a cheaper market. I dont know how much detail i can go into because it still has not been released yet, but its still has the same hull but a new cokpit and cabin are in place and by what ive heard new motor options.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Will this new model 27ZR be released at Miami?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Default 09 27zr

Please keep us posted on the 2009 27ZR. That sounds interesting.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my00b16si
If it helps, Donzi is making a new version of the 27zr for 2009 as with the 35,38 and 43 but to target a cheaper market. I dont know how much detail i can go into because it still has not been released yet, but its still has the same hull but a new cokpit and cabin are in place and by what ive heard new motor options.
They have done some alterations that are offered on some ZR's. They on the 35 009 for example have a porta potti & cooler set up instead of a galley & pump out. There were a few other changes in the cabin as well offered which shed some more weight & price on some models. It also made some a bit faster than last year with the same power (496 Mag Ho).. You can still however get the Zr's loaded up as well too if you want. Donzi is always usually making changes here & there. Some subtle & others not so subtle.

I wish things were better all over for everyone.. I would love to have no reservations about going and getting myself one of the 35 oo9 editions.. They are *****in' !

Jamie / Lakeside
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27ZR-dsc_0081.jpg   Donzi 27ZR-dsc_0084.jpg   Donzi 27ZR-dsc_0088.jpg  

Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
my00b16si

Originally Posted by SOX
Will this new model 27ZR be released at Miami?
Yes it will be at maimi and the cabin in along the lines of a 009

Old 01-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Registered

I have a 26' 2000 ZX. Bought it in 2007 from the original owner. It only had 66 hours on the all-original boat (that was stored inside during the winters). I have a single 454 that can get the boat up to 65mph easily, although I do not run quite that fast on a regular basis. I run it in the Chesapeake Bay from Annapolis. Usual Chesapeake water seems to be anywhere from less than a foot up to 3' swells. When the water is 2' to 3' feet, the ride can be rough. The boat isn't quite long enough to easily glide across the frequency of the swells. Some members of the Chesapeake Bay Power Boaters Association told me a 33' or longer would smooth out my Bay riding. Some times I run at only 35mph or else I'm soaked and beaten up. But the boat can definitely handle the water regardless.

I know the ZX is a little heavier than the ZR. And I'm not sure what structural or material differences there are between a 2000 model and a newer model.

But I'm extremely happy with my 26' 2000 ZX. It is in excellent shape and I got a really good deal on it. So for now, I'll save some $$$ until the time is right for maybe a 35 ZR?!?

Now if I can just be patient the rest of this winter.....
Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Steve454
I have a 26' 2000 ZX. Bought it in 2007 from the original owner. It only had 66 hours on the all-original boat (that was stored inside during the winters). I have a single 454 that can get the boat up to 65mph easily, although I do not run quite that fast on a regular basis. I run it in the Chesapeake Bay from Annapolis. Usual Chesapeake water seems to be anywhere from less than a foot up to 3' swells. When the water is 2' to 3' feet, the ride can be rough. The boat isn't quite long enough to easily glide across the frequency of the swells. Some members of the Chesapeake Bay Power Boaters Association told me a 33' or longer would smooth out my Bay riding. Some times I run at only 35mph or else I'm soaked and beaten up. But the boat can definitely handle the water regardless.

I know the ZX is a little heavier than the ZR. And I'm not sure what structural or material differences there are between a 2000 model and a newer model.

But I'm extremely happy with my 26' 2000 ZX. It is in excellent shape and I got a really good deal on it. So for now, I'll save some $$$ until the time is right for maybe a 35 ZR?!?

Now if I can just be patient the rest of this winter.....
On your 26ZX if you change out the cheaper tabs to K-Planes it helps the ride of the boat. The 26ZX is a heavy girl and the biggest problem is the short nose compared to the 28ZX that is the same boat but longer in the front then the 26. When your talking 2-3ft chop its hard to get on top with a 26 without feeling the water. Length in a boat is everything. I ran my 33ZX in Rock The Bay and I know how rough the Chesapeake can get, I felt in my 9800lb boat. I have run my 26ZX through some rough waters "Hudson Poker Run" and she can be a handfull but I would take that 26ZX over any boat in that size.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll throw in my .02 here. I know you're talking about a 27ZR, but seeing as how you are in Ventura, have you looked at some of the west coast Vs? Namely 2750/29 Lavey, 29 Shockwave, 27 Advantage, etc? I personally think these boats have great styling like the ZR, but have been tested in the pacific and they all handle it well. Some pretty good deals going on these as well. Sorry to be that guy that throws in different boats than the thread...

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.