Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could be wrong, but 525 is the biggest power they put in the 27 Donzi or the 28 Sunny isn't it???
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bo-G13
I could be wrong, but 525 is the biggest power they put in the 27 Donzi or the 28 Sunny isn't it???
I guess that it depends on who "they" is.

I have a little 26 Donzi with an 850 that will run over 95mph. I have a friend with a 28 Donzi that runs in the 90's as well. These hulls love lots of power. With all of this Sunsation talk and Matt saying "bring it on", I was wondering if there were any folks doing something like that. The 288 is a nice looking hull and is heavily touted, I was wondering how it handled with some larger hp. It would be a cool project. Someone has bound to have done it.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 04-30-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

"They" would be the people that build the boat...or in the case of this thread, don't build the boat. I thought you were referring to factory boats.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

Since seeing the sunsation boys get called out I guess I'll share my story as well.

1. I don't own a sunsation, I own a used boat, and before I bought the boat I called the owner of the company, yes the owner, and spoke to him for hours on more then one occasion about the exact boat I was purchasing, he even emailed me pictures of my boat while he was building and rigging it....5 years after he built the boat. I can pick up the phone and get a return call from him anytime I have a question about the boat and he is there to help and offer whatever I need.

2. I run with mattmiller and bo-g. Matt and bo-g had their new to them sunsations out, along with a guy who had just purchased a 96 sunsation. We bumped into the sunsation crew at a dockside restaraunt while they were testing an F4 for a customer. They picked up the tab for the entire table, including me (a non sunsation owner, and the other guy who had just purchased a 12 year old used boat).

3. I've ran into factory employees out on the water while either testing new boats, delivering mattmiller's boat, or just at the ramp. Each and every time they have commented nicely on how my smaller boat handled, looked, was built, etc.

If I were to purchase another boat I would probably stick with my brand, but I would have a hard time not considering a sunsation and comparing it. The level of customer service I have witnessed first hand is outstanding.

I would have told Donzi to shove it months ago and found a different boat builder.

Good luck with your boat.

BTW, Mattmillers sunny runs almost as fast as the 90+ donzi's with significantly less power, haven ridden on that boat numerous times and driven it myself I can say confidently that with the power mentioned on the two 90+ donzi's I would put my money on matt's sunny coming very close to triple digits.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

BTW, Mattmillers sunny runs almost as fast as the 90+ donzi's with significantly less power, haven ridden on that boat numerous times and driven it myself I can say confidently that with the power mentioned on the two 90+ donzi's I would put my money on matt's sunny coming very close to triple digits.[/QUOTE]

A. 80 is a far cry from 95 so I would not say it is almost as fast
B. So with comparable power his boat would run like mine but nobody really knows yet.

I would think that the 288 would be happy at those numbers, I was just curious if it had been done. For the record, I have not heard about it being done in a 27ZR either. For the dough he is talking about he could pick up a like new 27ZR, drop in some nice big warranteed power and be flying.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi

A. 80 is a far cry from 95 so I would not say it is almost as fastB. So with comparable power his boat would run like mine but nobody really knows yet.

I would think that the 288 would be happy at those numbers, I was just curious if it had been done. For the record, I have not heard about it being done in a 27ZR either. For the dough he is talking about he could pick up a like new 27ZR, drop in some nice big warranteed power and be flying.

Who said anything about 80?

I'm assuming the 496 has less then 500 hp? (I am not a sterndive guy so I don't know)

But the boat ran almost 80 with the wrong prop and everything bone stock on day one. I could barely pull on him and my boat runs 80+ consistently. He's added quite a bit of speed just by changing props and tweaking his set up...I'd love to see what would happen with another 350 HP.

Last edited by UP_ROKTOY; 04-30-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
BTW, Mattmillers sunny runs almost as fast as the 90+ donzi's with significantly less power, haven ridden on that boat numerous times and driven it myself I can say confidently that with the power mentioned on the two 90+ donzi's I would put my money on matt's sunny coming very close to triple digits.
B. So with comparable power his boat would run like mine but nobody really knows yet.

I would think that the 288 would be happy at those numbers, I was just curious if it had been done. For the record, I have not heard about it being done in a 27ZR either. For the dough he is talking about he could pick up a like new 27ZR, drop in some nice big warranteed power and be flying.[/QUOTE]

The whippled 525 boat ran 90 the first time out, needs prop work and it a MCOB which is usually a couple mph's slower than a regular cabin boat. I am pretty sure the whippled 525 doesn't make 850 hp.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine

The whippled 525 boat ran 90 the first time out, needs prop work and it a MCOB which is usually a couple mph's slower than a regular cabin boat. I am pretty sure the whippled 525 doesn't make 850 hp.[/QUOTE]

That's what I am talking about
Old 04-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

how is close to 85 with a few tweaks to set up and 350 less horsepower in comparison?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

Donzi had an customer order a 27zr with a 600. They had the guy sign a waiver. That is the last I heard of that deal, whether it gets built I don't know.

If my boat gets started next week, I should be getting some pictures.

As far as the sunny goes, at the time I was looking for a new boat. There was not a sunny dealer close to Chicago or Wisconsin. The dealer I bought my prior boat from also sold Donzi. So that was one of the main reasons I went with the Donzi. If there was a close sunny dealer at the time, I may have considered the sunny a little more. Any that one boat is better than the other, I don't even want to get into that shouting match. I don't know much about the sunny or their pricing on the 288. All I know is that if all turns out well with the Donzi, I will have gotten a sweet deal. In the end all that matters is if I am happy with the boat.

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.