Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY
how is close to 85 with a few tweaks to set up and 350 less horsepower in comparison?
It sounds about as good as 95 mph on half the cost

The whipple boat has 790 hp and should run around 95 (once dialed in). That is in the same neighborhood as me. Ok, so it does it on a few less hp. At those kind of speeds in a single engine boat under 30 feet the 1-3mph difference is usually water conditions and balls. Mine is still accelerating nicely at 95 but I would not exactly want to drink a beer at that speed.

Are others faster? Sure, the Bullet with the perpetrator's big engine broke the heck out 120 but that boat is tiny. One of the things I like about the 288 is that it is the size of a real boat.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi Andy
Donzi had an customer order a 27zr with a 600. They had the guy sign a waiver. That is the last I heard of that deal, whether it gets built I don't know.

If my boat gets started next week, I should be getting some pictures.

As far as the sunny goes, at the time I was looking for a new boat. There was not a sunny dealer close to Chicago or Wisconsin. The dealer I bought my prior boat from also sold Donzi. So that was one of the main reasons I went with the Donzi. If there was a close sunny dealer at the time, I may have considered the sunny a little more. Any that one boat is better than the other, I don't even want to get into that shouting match. I don't know much about the sunny or their pricing on the 288. All I know is that if all turns out well with the Donzi, I will have gotten a sweet deal. In the end all that matters is if I am happy with the boat.
Yes, that is all that matters.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
It sounds about as good as 95 mph on half the cost

The whipple boat has 790 hp and should run around 95 (once dialed in). That is in the same neighborhood as me. Ok, so it does it on a few less hp. At those kind of speeds in a single engine boat under 30 feet the 1-3mph difference is usually water conditions and balls. Mine is still accelerating nicely at 95 but I would not exactly want to drink a beer at that speed.

Are others faster? Sure, the Bullet with the perpetrator's big engine broke the heck out 120 but that boat is tiny. One of the things I like about the 288 is that it is the size of a real boat.
by that criteria I'm in trouble...I can't drink a beer much over 55 in my boat LOL.

you're right about the size of the boat, riding in matt's 28 is NIGHT and DAY over my 24'.

1-2 footers that can be "fun " in my boat are boring in matts...3-4's that are "scary" for most in my boat are fun in his.

I can't say much about the donzi, but the 288 is pretty sweet.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW,

Is this a Donzi thread or a Sunsation thread??

Stick with Donzi Andy, you won't be sorry in the long run.

Mark
Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkDonzi
WOW,

Is this a Donzi thread or a Sunsation thread??

Stick with Donzi Andy, you won't be sorry in the long run.

Mark
He is trying to stick with Donzi, but appearantly Donzi doesn't want to stick with him!! If this is how he is treated trying to buy a boat, what is going to happen when he needs factory work done on it?!?!?!?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bo-G13
He is trying to stick with Donzi, but appearantly Donzi doesn't want to stick with him!! If this is how he is treated trying to buy a boat, what is going to happen when he needs factory work done on it?!?!?!?
That would be my main concern at this point. No doubt that donzi makes a nice boat...but I'd be concerned about service after the sale...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bo-G13
Ok so they have not been responsive, but what kind of factory work are you guys needing to have done after you purchase a boat? Is that a big problem for Sunsations? I have a 10 year old Donzi and a 35 year old Donzi and they don't have to go back to the factory for anything. Heck, my 10 year old Donzi is rediculously overpowered and it is holding up fine.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Ok so they have not been responsive, but what kind of factory work are you guys needing to have done after you purchase a boat? Is that a big problem for Sunsations? I have a 10 year old Donzi and a 35 year old Donzi and they don't have to go back to the factory for anything. Heck, my 10 year old Donzi is rediculously overpowered and it is holding up fine.
well I know of a local donzi 22 classic that went back for warranty work this winter. I recall it being a slight issue as well for himto get the work done...

Things happen, Sunsation, baja, fountain, pantera, donzi, superboat, apache, cig, etc are not immune from issues, it happens, I'd like to the peice of mind to know the manufacturer will stand behind the product.

How responsive will they be once they have his money and the boat is out of their hands and he brings it back for work?

It's not a question of quality, Donzi's are a quality boat, it's a question of customer care...and this thread leaves me to question that. That's all.

Hey, maybe it's just the perfect storm, bad economy, bad month at the factory, he complained, etc. Or maybe it's a sign of things to come?

I'm not in the market for a new boat, so my opinion is only that, but if we were sitting at the dock having this discussion we'd both argue both points, have another beer, and enjoy another day on the water.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
GB
Registered

[QUOTE=ZXXX Donzi;2856940]Ok so they have not been responsive, but what kind of factory work are you guys needing to have done after you purchase a boat? [QUOTE]

Let it go please...you starting to get annoying now!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=GB;2857001][QUOTE=ZXXX Donzi;2856940]Ok so they have not been responsive, but what kind of factory work are you guys needing to have done after you purchase a boat?

Let it go please...you starting to get annoying now!
Thanks, just overreacting to the commercial. I counted 12 times in a Donzi thread where someone recommended a Sunsation instead. If is not like they are the only builder with a single 27-30 foot boat.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 05-01-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.