Donzi 38 ZRC >

Donzi 38 ZRC

Notices

Donzi 38 ZRC

Old 08-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

That boat should be the former JBS F-2 boat as Bob (Marginmn) said. You can tell its a race boat because it has the three small bow rail sections and the steering is on the right and the trim switches on the port side seat with the throttles in the middle. The "pleasure" versions typically had a left hand steer (mine and some others were set up to race with a second set of throttles in the right gunnel area) and were all staggered.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

It says it's in pompano, if it's at brand x that is the old jbs boat
Old 08-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

BTW, a Bimini Top on a ZRC - that is just wrong!
Old 08-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Robert, I just laughed like hell about your comment.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
That boat should be the former JBS F-2 boat as Bob (Marginmn) said. You can tell its a race boat because it has the three small bow rail sections and the steering is on the right and the trim switches on the port side seat with the throttles in the middle. The "pleasure" versions typically had a left hand steer (mine and some others were set up to race with a second set of throttles in the right gunnel area) and were all staggered.
whats the story about the conversion from race to pleasure? Seems like a good starting/asking price for a zrc with 150 hr motors. How about the hull of a raceboat?
Old 08-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Registered

+1

Originally Posted by Marginmn
BTW, a Bimini Top on a ZRC - that is just wrong!
Old 08-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Was this the race boat that was in the wreck with the 03 TS Top Gun paceboat?
Old 08-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

The ZRC's were made the same race or pleasure when it comes to their layup and build.
The first boats built 2002 into 2003 were side by side race set up for F2 class racing then all the others except for the JBS F2 boat were staggered. The F2 race boats had a bare bones cockpit, 3 piece deck rails, flat lightweight engine hatch, were set up more for two man driving, some had a removable fiberglass hatch to cover the back seat, and engines were side by side. There were also five made to race Super Vee and those had full F-16 canopies, lightweight engine hatches and were originally just two seats. I know at least one of those was converted to a pleasure boat (TAOD painted race boat).
The biggest concern with any former race boat is how it was treated, maintained, cared for, and repaired. Race boats take a beating plain and simple - some are great buys and others may not be. Like any boat you really need to get a good survey done and be extra careful when looking at a race boat.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom A.
The ZRC's were made the same race or pleasure when it comes to their layup and build.
The first boats built 2002 into 2003 were side by side race set up for F2 class racing then all the others except for the JBS F2 boat were staggered. The F2 race boats had a bare bones cockpit, 3 piece deck rails, flat lightweight engine hatch, were set up more for two man driving, some had a removable fiberglass hatch to cover the back seat, and engines were side by side. There were also five made to race Super Vee and those had full F-16 canopies, lightweight engine hatches and were originally just two seats. I know at least one of those was converted to a pleasure boat (TAOD painted race boat).
The biggest concern with any former race boat is how it was treated, maintained, cared for, and repaired. Race boats take a beating plain and simple - some are great buys and others may not be. Like any boat you really need to get a good survey done and be extra careful when looking at a race boat.
I looked at this boat several years ago and it was in really nice shape. Definitely the JBS F-2 boat. Look at purple paint in front of the windshields. Interior was also purple so it has been updated. I sent a couple of emails to current owner but have not heard anything back.

I ultimately purchased the JBS Super Vee after it had been repaired and converted to a pleasure boat. Nor-Tech painted it and updated the interior. Then I sold it to some great guys in Texas who love it. Runs mid 90's. Boat is now silver and red. Real pretty.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Registered

I assume by reading above, the ZRC listed is a side by side setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.