Old 07-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

Tks, Ditto.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Any chance you will have it ready to do the Cape Coral Poker Run in October?
I have been without my boat all summer (blown engines in Tickfaw) and that will be my first run back in mine.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Any chance you will have it ready to do the Cape Coral Poker Run in October?
I have been without my boat all summer (blown engines in Tickfaw) and that will be my first run back in mine.
October hmm, What year?

Well back in November of last year I thought I would have it by March or April, but that was before I wasted half a year finding out that I should have just sent the darn things to Ilmor in the first place. That's what I get for trying to save a little money- well, a whole lot of money. Turns out both of them were in pretty sad shape from water reversion damage and it's a good thing I got such a good deal on them originally or I'd be just sick - well I am still sick but I'd be even sicker.

I was really hoping to make the Lake Cumberland PR to salvage my summer the second week of September but that seems unrealistic with Ilmor finishing the build in mid to late Aug. After the engines are finally in the boat we still have to do prop testing and maybe some bottom work to accommodate for the much lighter Ilmor and Arneson combo. Many are of the opinion that my boat needs some rocker in the hull to get the most out of Arnesons so it will probably require trial and error testing. At least we should have more power to work with then before.

If all goes well I just may have it in time to do the Cape Cora run. Would be a blast to run with you.

What happened to your mills. Did one blow or both?.

Last edited by Marginmn; 07-31-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bad gas I picked up on the way to Tickfaw, toasted them both (blown head gaskets, water in multiple cylinders, etc.). When Ron checked the fuel it came back as 86 octane and dirty as hell. Worst part is, we stopped at two different truck stops on the way so I can't even say which one it was.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Man I hate to hear that Tom. That just sucks.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Bad gas I picked up on the way to Tickfaw, toasted them both (blown head gaskets, water in multiple cylinders, etc.). When Ron checked the fuel it came back as 86 octane and dirty as hell. Worst part is, we stopped at two different truck stops on the way so I can't even say which one it was.

I got burned by bad gas on that run 5 years ago. Shut down all three of my engines...sorry to hear about it.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I love the 38zrc's.....great redo....
Old 12-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered

Well well tested her at the Fountain factory on Friday. Pictures don't do it justice. Mitch's paint job is off the hook and it looks pretty bad ass with the Arnesons hanging off the back.
Attached Thumbnails Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-039.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-026.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-008.jpg  

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-043.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-020.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-095.jpg  

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-096.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-036.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-picture-2876.jpg  

Old 12-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Ran 103 out of the box but ran out of prop with 6200 on the rev limiters.
Attached Thumbnails Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-075.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-picture-2879.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-picture-2883.jpg  

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-014.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-009.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-079.jpg  

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-zrc-fountain-factory-039.jpg  
Old 12-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Now get it to Florida and sign up for the St. Pete Poker Run April 17-19!