Well I put a deposit on a ZRC >

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC

Notices

Well I put a deposit on a ZRC

Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I can't wait to see it running with the 710's and Arnesons!

Bulletproof package!

You should see 110-115 all day long without being propped specifically for top end. They did some minor tweaks on the next few boats to increase the speed so 120 is probably not a real number, however I have been wrong before.
It is not really about top speed anyway, not too many boats that run 5-10mph faster than it will be able to run with it in the real world. It accelerates like a demon and runs like its on rails!
How often to we peg the throttles to squeeze out those last 3-5mph anyway?
If you pull along side another boat at 70mph, drop the throttle and walk away from them..... does it matter if they are faster in the top end?
They will be playing catch up and by the time they get there, you will be backing off the throttles smiling from ear to ear!
I'd be happy as heck with 110 or better.

I spoke with Doug Valentine last week and he remembers the boat fondly and well. Doug won a bunch of races in ZRC's both here in the US and in Europe. He said when they took 001 to the Miami boat show they hadn't run it in rough water and really didn't know what they had. They took it out for a some demo rides in some big Atlantic ocean water and he says the boat just ate them up like a monster. It was only then that they realized they had a monster of a race boat on their hands. Doug said the only reason 001 didn't see the race course is because it was bought on the spot after a demo ride at the Miami show.

As for the hull, Doug said the first generation ZRC's were pretty much the same coming out of the molds, but when they started putting in bigger power to get them over 100mph they had to tweak the back step a little to free them up, but that was done after they came out of the mold. I plan on having that done.

Also, he said these boats were designed as race boats to get around a race course as fast as possible, which means they handle rough water very well and can turn with the best of them; however, in order to get that great handling they do give up a little straight away speed. Overall, they are amazing boats. I can't wait
Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I'd be happy as heck with 110 or better.

I spoke with Doug Valentine last week and he remembers the boat fondly and well. Doug won a bunch of races in ZRC's both here in the US and in Europe. He said when they took 001 to the Miami boat show they hadn't run it in rough water and really didn't know what they had. They took it out for a some demo rides in some big Atlantic ocean water and he says the boat just ate them up like a monster. It was only then that they realized they had a monster of a race boat on their hands. Doug said the only reason 001 didn't see the race course is because it was bought on the spot after a demo ride at the Miami show.

As for the hull, Doug said the first generation ZRC's were pretty much the same coming out of the molds, but when they started putting in bigger power to get them over 100mph they had to tweak the back step a little to free them up, but that was done after they came out of the mold. I plan on having that done.

Also, he said these boats were designed as race boats to get around a race course as fast as possible, which means they handle rough water very well and can turn with the best of them; however, in order to get that great handling they do give up a little straight away speed. Overall, they are amazing boats. I can't wait
ZRC is hands down the best handling boat I have ever owned. Blows me away everytime. You will love it!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Fountain's 38 and cabin with 700 Merc ran 114 if I remember. Work the bottom/Herrings and bet you'll be close > 120.
I would put my 700 Zrc up against any 38/42 700 Fountain any day of the week and guarantee they could not out run me.

Attached Thumbnails Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-20334_1290334112789_1663323703_707539_1377430_n.jpg  
Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

Some pics from way back when.
Attached Thumbnails Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-twin-zrcs.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-twin-zrcs-2.jpg  
Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Begining

This is going to be an awsome piece! Glass work has begun on the transom, a lot of details are fiqured out. Personally going to be disapointed if the first run isnt 110 and 6 or 7 from there. Pictures are coming.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jerryhaney
This is going to be an awsome piece! Glass work has begun on the transom, a lot of details are fiqured out. Personally going to be disapointed if the first run isnt 110 and 6 or 7 from there. Pictures are coming.
Thanks Jerry. 110 + plus works for me. Get here there and I owe you a case of beer at delivery.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I would put my 700 Zrc up against any 38/42 700 Fountain any day of the week and guarantee they could not out run me.

Great speed same drives?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No, that was stock Xr's (boat was originally a 575/Xr and I had Potter build up the motors to 700s).
After popping them a couple times, I upgraded to the IMCO SCX. I may have lost a few mph with the beefier drives, not sure because I put a little more bite into the prop when I did the swap. I saw 112 this summer once when I ran it up and if i tweaked it a little more I probably would have got 115.
I have no need to go all out for 5-6 miles just to try and squeeze a few more mph out anymore. For me it is about acceleration from 60-100+ that is where you win or loose a friendly competition anyway!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So it sounds likes the scx have held up for you,how many hours have you put on it this year a few mph for gained reliability is a no brainer,if the economy ever picks up i would love to put more power in my zrc thinking a -4 imco and some whipples,the added top end is nice but the boost in the midrange is what makes it a whole lot more fun
Old 12-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't put a whole lot of hours on the boat this summer, maybe 60-70. We changed the oil after 25hrs and again at the end of the season and it looked brand new. I am very happy.

As for the height, the boats do not need too short of a drive. Most of the x dimensions were preset for standard length drives. I have standard lengths and the props surface as it is now. I have never seen another Bravo boat (other than the ZRC) throw this kind of a rooster tail.
Attached Thumbnails Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-chesapeake10-15.jpg   Well I put a deposit on a ZRC-donzi-tail.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.