28 zx thru hull exhaust >

28 zx thru hull exhaust

Notices

28 zx thru hull exhaust

Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 zx thru hull exhaust

Looking for a place that carries the wide open (or a good bit louder ) exhaust on the thru hulls for my twin 350's on the donzi. Really just lookin for a good dealer for the tips. I can fab up the pipes from the engine to the back of the hull.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tug Life
Looking for a place that carries the wide open (or a good bit louder ) exhaust on the thru hulls for my twin 350's on the donzi. Really just lookin for a good dealer for the tips. I can fab up the pipes from the engine to the back of the hull.
Lots of places really. Some people just gut the factory corsas (i.e. take all the baffles out). Others change them out all together.

If you want to change them.... stainless marine, eddie marine, hardin marine, and I am sure a whole bunch more.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
Some people just gut the factory corsas (i.e. take all the baffles out). .

+1 on this. sounds good without the baffles. I havent done it, dont want to draw the wrong attention (ie. DNR and cops). Not sure of any performance gains. if you gut it, let us know if you see any improvements.

tom
Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

I don't think there will be any improvement if you have Quick and Quiet because the exhaust can go out the through hull and out through the drive but there might be some improvement if you don't have Quick and Quiet because it is the only path the exhaust can go.

Been wanting to gut mine but haven't because it's crowded in the engine compartment and it looks like a total PITA to get the tips off.

I SWEAR I read something about the corsa tips being adjustable for sound by adjusting the bolt/screw in the middle of the exhaust tip but I can't find any information on it. If it's just a matter of tightening or loosening that thing to get more sound I'm all for it.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

im going to look into the screw thing and see whats up when i get to the house. has anyone taken the tips out to see how big the replacement tips need to be?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

The diameter is (or should be) 4". The killer is the inside lengths are all different.

I actually bought a set of Corsas to replace my straight through tips on my old Minx because it was so frikkin loud but they wouldn't work because the corsa's were too short from the flange to the hose... So I would have had to replace the exhaust hose which wasn't happening.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

I checked with Corsa about this... They said at one time they had different cones you could install (this is the round thing at the very end of the tip). But they found that owners just removed them all together instead, so they started riveting them in.

They said if you want more sound, just remove the cone by drilling out the rivets. This is pretty cool because if you ever want to add them back all you would need to do is bolt them back in.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

yeah im definately going to try that and see what it sounds like before i go out and buy tips
thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered

I bought a set of 4" Hardin angle cut tips w/ internal flaps for my 26ZX....they dropped right in. Took about an hour to pull the Corsa's, clean up the old caulk, chase out the holes a bit and then caulk and secure the Hardin's.

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-12591...haust-tip.aspx
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Are you running twin 350 or a sngle bigger motor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.