28 zxo bilge >

28 zxo bilge

Notices

28 zxo bilge

Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 zxo bilge

I have a 2003 zxo. Its new to me this year. I am seeing a steady line of water comming into the engine compartment. It is comming from a tube from the front of the boat. It is located next to the back side of the battery switch. Any thought on where it goes to? I do not use the sink in the mid cabin, so I do not think that is my problem. I get enough water that my bilge pump will run once every hour or hour and a half.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VetteLT193 should be able to help you out on this one. I don't have this problem on my ZX, but I believe there is a bilge pump under the step in the mid cabin like mine. but, where would all that water be coming from? possibly you have a hose that is disconnected from your sink and lake water is getting in there and flowing back to the bilge. Only thing i can think of. Good luck,
tom
Old 07-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm stumped on this one. The only tube I can think of in that area comes from the floor drain. There are other drains that come from the cupholders, but nothing that would be steady. My bilge stays fairly dry. in fact, it's kind of annoying that they put the bilge pump in the engine compartment so far forward because I don't think it has ever run... takes quite a bit of water back there before it would do anything.

Can you describe the tube in more detail? size, color, etc. all would help. I'm going out in mine on Sunday so I can take a look then.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered

I plan on going out tomorrow, I will take a photo of it and post it.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

sounds great. have fun. if you cant post a pic here, sign up over on donzi.net; i check that site more frequently anyway
Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered

I am having trouble posting pics here. I will try donzi.net or i can send you a direct e mail.

Last edited by Beachbum28; 07-05-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

I found the problem. The exhaust tips were leaking. The boat is an 03 with 107 hours, I bought it this spring. The Donzi dealership told me there was a 1/4 inch gap between one of the tips and the hull and has been this way since it left the factory.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks and relief all at the same time. I hate unsolved mysteries. Have fun with her this summer,

tom