28 zx Custom Stereo? >

28 zx Custom Stereo?

Notices

28 zx Custom Stereo?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 zx Custom Stereo?

looking for some inspiration on a Custom stereo for a 28 zx. anyone have some pics or know of a good installed around north alabama?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm, I didnt take any pictures, but I have 3 10" subs totally concealed: 1 below the feet of the passenger seat (gotta remove the sink in the cabin), 1 below the drives feet (gotta remove the dash and or the cabin wall), 1 in the storage area in the v-berth (never used that space for anything anyway). As for the stock 6 6" rounds, I just added 2 more removables to go in between captain and passenger bolsters and the sidewalls. these are rectangular, not round, but put out decent sound. I also had my stereo guy add 4 7 color LED light bars to go in the stowage area and bilge to light up the cockpit and the vents. Also got a light bar mounted above my exhaust tips that glows either red, white, or both at the same time. Then I have a red LED light strip that goes all the way around the dash underneath the pharing. there was a picture of it over on donzi.net in the AOTH X picture album I think. I'll have to look and see.

tom
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

how much sound do you get in the cockpit and off the boat with the sub in the forward cabin?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

suprisingly enough, I got a very noticeable difference. Now, how much was from just the front sub, I don't know, but you can definitely feel the sound on the floor with your feet. To get out of the boat at a sandbar and walk around the bow, she definitely thumps! If you want more sound, open the anchor locker, it rocks!!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FS, your subs firing up or down??
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott B
FS, your subs firing up or down??
Hey my Brutha Scott!!! the one on the port side is facing toward the cockpit, starboard side is facing up and the v-berth is facing up. Sounds and feels good! However, 2/3 of the way through Hillbilly Bone the bass cuts out, need to add another amp.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

So cockpit subs are under the cockpit floor?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

I would hope not, i woul dnot cut a hole in the floor.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Registered

FS from what you said im guessing you removed the aft cabin walls , sink and cooler. made the boxes to fit under the floors of the cockpit. slid them in the vacant space and then closed everything back up? so you dont even see the subs but they are right at your feet when you sit in the blostered seats? Thats a great idea. Does it rattle the floors at all? How muffled is the sound coming up throught the floor?
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

No worries Mitten, Tug has got it right! no cutting was done, everything is concealed. all done from inside the cabin. on the port side, 1st removed the seatback, then removed the countertop, then removed the wall (that supported the countertop). 2nd removed the starboard seatback, removed the padded wall (between the helm and cabin). and then the v-berth just lifted the cushion, pulled the lid and secured the sub in there. as far as i can tell, the sound is not muffled because the subs using the walls to reflect the bass sound throughout the boat and beyond. the 6" rounds give the clarity of sound very well, I think. What do I know, maybe i'm goin deaf with having loud boats and a loud corvette (race car) with side mount hooker headers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.