Winter project

Notices

Winter project

Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Winter project

Looking to swap out three Mercury 525's with bravo ITS sportmaster's spinning 5 blade 32" Herings hiting 95-96 mph with new 700sci's. Just wondering what speed's the triple 700's 43 ZR boys are hitting with NXT's as I'm thinking of going with bobtails.

P Rob
Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Lucked out

Found the three 700 sci's we were looking for, now just trying to decide if we should swap out the bravo xr ITS's for the NXT's or take our channces and be quicker with no tranny's.

P Rob
Old 12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

Boat has hit 119 but not me driving. The factory water test was at 118. I can hit 105’s without much trouble and boat is solid and comfortable. My son can bring it up to 119 with some effort and he is usually bouncing off the rev limiters so it seems that there is some HP left over. Engines are configured reverse triple. Stay away from the xr’s our formula tears them up with 600’s (with stelling extension boxes, so it might have a lot to do with the solid engine coupler).

Andy

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 12-18-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Reverse stagger?

Andy, reverse triple? two in front one in back, not to much weight moved forward?

P Rob
Old 12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Yes two in front center in back. I was initially very concerned about the setup, but the boat balances out very nicely. Also three gas tanks, main center 225 gallon and two 50 gallon side takes with a electric transfer.

Do you have mufflers? We don't and I am considering adding.

Andy
Old 12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Two factory tanks, not sure but about 100 gallons each, yes on the mufflers, switchable teague 450's in the aft, mufflers in the side.They work great in the harbour.

Andy, what's the pitch on your props. I'm spinning port and center right and starboard left.

P Rob
Old 12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Same on the rotation. 17" x 38" for all three. The original setup had a 39 for the center but blew the bottom out of the drive and lost prop. Replaced it with a 38 because I was in a hurry and I couldn't get a confirmation on why the center was a higher pitch. Do your side exhausts switch mufflers or are they fixed? Are you going with new on the 700's? Great setup! But $$ ouch, expecially if you go with the NXT drive lines. Seems like you will have to rework the exhauste and the transom as well. You go by Rob? Were do you boat? Mine is primarily salt water use and I am struggling keeping up, especially in the engine cabinet below the air scoops.

Andy

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 12-18-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Cool

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Same on the rotation. 17" x 38" for all three. The original setup had a 39 for the center but blew the bottom out of the drive and lost prop. Replaced it with a 38 because I was in a hurry and I couldn't get a confirmation on why the center was a higher pitch. Do your side exhausts switch mufflers or are they fixed? Are you going with new on the 700's? Great setup! But $$ ouch, expecially if you go with the NXT drive lines. Seems like you will have to rework the exhauste and the transom as well. You go by Rob? Were do you boat? Mine is primarily salt water use and I am struggling keeping up, especially in the engine cabinet below the air scoops.

Andy
Fixed on the sides, switch in the aft and yes brand new 700's, trying to decide on nxt's or nxt 6's or take a chance with the ITS's. Fresh water, Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair on the Canadian side.Been doing this since 1974, this ship is number seven in the line up, sometimes I think it's the worst addiction out their, wife thinks I'm cracy anyway are you running 1.35 or 1.50 gears.

Paul
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered

Paul,

1.50 ... An addiction and a passion! Are you going to take this on yourself or do you have a shop lined up?

Andy
Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Cool

Not sure just yet, engine swap out is staight forward, everything will be plug and play seeing how the 525,600 and 700's share all the same base componets, if we go with the NXT's or NXT 6's will deffinetly get a local to due but will have to find someone from the factory that performed rigging (if any are left) to send out info on x dimensinons, hardware required and propping.

P Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.