Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
new 26zx owner any prop recommendations? >

new 26zx owner any prop recommendations?

Notices

new 26zx owner any prop recommendations?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new 26zx owner any prop recommendations?

purchased a 26zx 1999 last summer and love the boat. It has the 502 mpi stock with EMI manifolds and long tube risers. Im looking for some prop recommendations for this set up. Im currently running the bravo 4 blade 24p. I can hit the rev limiter at 5200 ish and max 67 mph gps. I looking for a good all around prop.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you are proped correctly. You are going to be faster in that boat with a 3 blade though. I would consider looking at a 25p Mirage Plus and having it labbed. Another option would be to have your ECM re-mapped and your rev limiter bumped up to 5400 or 5500. Then they can set your WOT RPM's to run around 5350. The re-mapping will also help get some additional gains from your other mods. A thru the mail ECM exchange with CP Performance or Mark Boos would work quite well in your boat. Just my 2cents,
Old 01-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a 26ZX for years. Don't change a thing. They don't really like labbed props (been there) and the engine runs out of cam at 5,200. You are in the sweet spot. The only way to really go faster is to up the HP.

You can pick up a little with a 3 blade, but you won't like it.