Help needed with 2008 38ZR

Notices

Help needed with 2008 38ZR

Old 08-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help needed with 2008 38ZR

Hi,
Sorry I am unable to contribute a hell of a lot, but I'm happy to help where ever I can.

I'm reaching out to you all for some help please this time. I'm at a loss and have no idea where to look next.

There are three major things I am trying to work out. btw, our boat is in Australia, we bought it from GSC, it has staggered 525s. The port engine is further forward...

problem 1.
The electric muffler flaps have just stopped working. I have checked the pop out fuses and they are all OK. It used to work but simply stopped. Before I pull the whole thing apart, has anyone else had this problem and found the issue?

problem 2.
the Livorsi GPS Speedo in the middle of the dash hasn't worked since we got the boat. I have heard there is a battery in the antenna? (whata dumb idea). Aparently it is above the door to the cabin. I can't see it. If it is in that area, I can't see how to get to it. There seems to be no easy way to access this ...

problem 3.
The toilet. This is doing my head in. In the engine bay, there is a fresh water filler on the port side and a waste water filler on the starboard. There is also a ball valve on the starboard side.

I've worked out that opening the ball valve and turning a key inside the cupboard in the bathroom runs a pump that launches the waste out the outlet where the ball valve is.

The toilet mostly won't flush. It's flushed about 5 times since we owned the boat. You hit the buttons and nothing happens. once in a blue moon I hit the button and it works. Then I try again and no luck. I've got all the right switches on etc.

Any clues on fixing this?

The second thing I need to know is how the plumbing works.

Am I meant to fill the waste filler up ? (the one opposite side of the engine bay to the fresh filler)
or
Does the toilet gets its water supply from the fresh tank ?

Is the waste filler there to suck the crap out? If so I can't see how other than sticking a hose in there and syphoning it.

I've also seen what looks to be waste water in the bilge. is there an overflow to the waste tank if it fills ? I've filled it with fresh from the filler in the engine bay to see what happens.

Love some help with this stuff. ... please ???
Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
GB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd suggest putting your questions in the Technical section/ General Q & A as well.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

Hello, Similar issues on a friends 2007 38ZR. Problem (1) was fixed when we simply replaced his batteries. Problem (2) was fixed when we took off the dash panel and removed a guage or two, there was a thin plastic shelf up toward the top of the dash inside. The antenna was removed and shipped to Livorsi. The replacement antenna is supposed to be improved and perhaps battery free I'm not sure, but it is working fine now. Problem (3) Haven't had any experience with.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks... My batteries are getting tired. That could explain it !! I'll rip the dash out and see what I can find. Cheers
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Shoot me an email at [email protected]. I've got a ZR-specific PDF of an owners manual I can send you, that may be able to help you as a reference to your boat's systems. Livorsi has a replacement program for the GPS antennas, so contact them directly. You can also contact Chuck Wagner at Donzi Customer Service. 941-727-0622. Good luck, and congrats on your new Donzi!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

I'm probably too late on this, but if it's not too late, don't waste your time on replacing those GPS antenna batteries. Just wire your GPS speedometer to your plotter's antenna. It's quick, easy, and from then on, your running on your standard 12v batteries. There are many posts on guys making this alteration. I did mine two years ago and love it and appreciate the tip.