Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
38 ZR hatch leaks >

38 ZR hatch leaks

Notices

38 ZR hatch leaks

Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmm, the McMaster-Carr stuff has tickled my brain. Yet, with all those styles, trying to get a nice seal as you go around the four corners - - is a challenge. I can turn a full 90 degree turn with an o-ring, but getting one fat enough to fill the gap might be hard to find, and do. Thinking - - - - -
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hossman - I was really excited with that 35 zr you were looking at until I saw the scratches. Sweet deal at 67 hrs and a trailer and fresh water. I have 800 hrs on my 2008.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

My 35 also had a leaky hatch and I set out this weekend to fix it. This is what i did. First, make sure that the 90* latch is not angled up at all. If it is, take a pair of pliars and CAREFULLY bend it down so that it's not pointed up. Then what I did is build up the lever that makes contact with the latch so it was adding more pressure on the latch to pull the hatch down more. I did this by taking heat shrink tube of different sizes and kept adding them to the lever that makes contact with the latch. Start with the small one, heat it up and trim. Go to the next size up and do the same. Keep doing this until you can see the weather stripping compressed down for a good seal. If you use clear heat shrink it is hardly noticeable.