Zr Zx ZRC questions

Notices

Zr Zx ZRC questions

Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Zr Zx ZRC questions

I've got a 26zx. Looking at bigger boats. (such as the 43ZR and the 38ZX) I realize the ZR has seating for 5. Is that what its certified for? Or can you have 6 people in it? Can you get a bench seat in the rear of the ZR or only bucket seats?
Does the ZRC have a cuddy?
Any general comments regarding the ZR and ZX from your experiences.
Thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

No, Yes, Yes you can get bench seat, No, but I believe some people have modified their zrc bow for mausoleum type sleeping...
Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your 26zx has a bigger cabin than the 38zr.....go in one if you can or even a 35zr and you will see....I was going to go with a 35ZR cabin was too small and im only 5`6 so i went and looked at a 33zx. Loved the boat but for the money i spent the extra 15k and got the 38ZX. Love the boat its very roomy and at times we do bar runs with 9 of us on the boat
Old 10-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

Boats are yacht certified so you can have as many people as can safely fit (with PFDs for everyone obviously). The ZRC can pretty much only fit 5. The 38 & 43 ZR have options of a back bench that 4 average sized people could fit on or three bolsters. Our 43 has the holster option. I like it better but our boat can run close to 120mph and the bolsters offer more security than the bench. The cabin in the ZR's is nothing more than just there at best. It has a small head, wrap around seating, v birth, and small fridge. If you're going to be spending weekends in it, make sure to have the generator and AC option. It's not the biggest most luxurious cabin out there but it's better than nothing. The ZRC has no cabin and is all sit down so 5 people is all that will fit. Our 43 handles rough water with ease. We also have a Formula 382 and after buying the Donzi and riding in it, it was night and day better than even the Formula. Hard to explain, almost have to ride in one to see.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

One night in the ZR cabin after drinking too much will be fine but a weekend might be a little too long for the size of it. The ZR wasn't exactly built for camping.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Ditto last two statements.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

The ZR is built for speed not camping
Old 10-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Registered

I recently purchased a 35 zr and love it. It's basically the middle of the road. You have a cabin but not much head clearance. I'm 6'3" so I couldn't stand up straight in the zx either. I live on the water so don't do a lot of overnights. If you mainly want speed zrc. If you want a little both zr and for spending more overnights etc. zx. They are all great boats. There is a nice condition 38zx loaded with all the options you would want at Aquamania if that's the type you are looking for. Really depends what you are going to be using it for.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went up to a 33zx from a 26zx. Love the move. Recently looked at a 38zx, staying with 33zx. Easier to trailer and obviously faster with same power.