Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Recently purchased 35zr >

Recently purchased 35zr

Notices

Recently purchased 35zr

Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

100+ easily I'd say. 525's in a 35 is good for 93-95mph. I'd think 110+ all day. Awesome boat, congrats!!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Awesome boat! Congrats!

That is one of my top 5 paint jobs of all time.

I'll bet that boat would like a pair of 5 blade props.
What would be ideal props for this setup?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
100+ easily I'd say. 525's in a 35 is good for 93-95mph. I'd think 110+ all day. Awesome boat, congrats!!
Thanks. I'll know better next year after I get more comfortable with it. It's a big move up for me I had a 24 outlaw for many years so this is a whole different monster!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisL
It goes a 100+ but I have not had it there. I have had it at 90 and the test drive we hit 97. It used to have Hering propellers and when I bought it it had Bravo 1's. I'm more than happy with the speed thus far and still getting comfortable with it.
Smart move to change up the drives to IMCO's the ilmors woulld have killed the Bravos. Congrats, beautiful boat with awesome power. You will love this boat!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisL
What would be ideal props for this setup?
That I can't help you with too much. I have 700hp per side on my boat, mind you it is staggered and I am between a 32 and a 34 pitch 5 blade. I turn my props in but I think yours turn out on a 35. I would talk to a prop guy and give them all your specs.

Just a word of advice.
I see you came out of a smaller Baja into this. Take your time learning this boat. I am close friends with the former owners and manager of Typhoon Marine who were one of the biggest Donzi dealers in the world for a number of years. They sold a number of 35s and ran one for a whole summer with 525's. That boat ran low to mid 90's and was a blast. However it became a handful at the top end. It is a real driver's boat over 90 so get to know it and take it slow. You will also see how efficient the hull is when you pull the throttles back and the boat keeps skimming along for a few more seconds before it slows down.

Was your previous boat a stepped hull?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Gorgeous! I bet you can't wait for prime summertime to come around again.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice boat!

I have a summer place not far from Aqua Mania, on the CDN Side, look forward to seeing the boat tearing up the river next summer.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
That I can't help you with too much. I have 700hp per side on my boat, mind you it is staggered and I am between a 32 and a 34 pitch 5 blade. I turn my props in but I think yours turn out on a 35. I would talk to a prop guy and give them all your specs.

Just a word of advice.
I see you came out of a smaller Baja into this. Take your time learning this boat. I am close friends with the former owners and manager of Typhoon Marine who were one of the biggest Donzi dealers in the world for a number of years. They sold a number of 35s and ran one for a whole summer with 525's. That boat ran low to mid 90's and was a blast. However it became a handful at the top end. It is a real driver's boat over 90 so get to know it and take it slow. You will also see how efficient the hull is when you pull the throttles back and the boat keeps skimming along for a few more seconds before it slows down.

Was your previous boat a stepped hull?
No it was not a stepped hull and I do plan to take it slow. It handles amazing but the time I hit 90 I did feel like I was not touching the water and it did make me nervous. All good things take time!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkDonzi
Smart move to change up the drives to IMCO's the ilmors woulld have killed the Bravos. Congrats, beautiful boat with awesome power. You will love this boat!
Rick Merrola from AquaMania put the ilmor's and IMCO's together in 2007. The boat is a 2006. After I test drove this it was so different than the other boats I test drove I had to have it.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered

Take one of Tres classes, you will learn so much about how your boat works and you'll walk away a much better, more confident driver! Congrats, it is a beautiful boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.