Vacu flush filter >

Vacu flush filter

Notices

Vacu flush filter

Old 09-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vacu flush filter

I can't seem to locate the vent line on my 38zx. It over filled and I may have a loose line or vent filter that is full of pi$$ right now. Stinks every time I flush.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On mine, its drivers side, side hull the vent is located... its a ***** to get to on the inside. But if you remove the floor by the gas tank you can kinda see the black waste tank. Also remember always after each use or time out to empty your tank. Always keep a gallon of water in the tank with RV treatment stuff. I attached a photo of the vent location on the outside

Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Cool, where is the vent filter. And how would you remove the tank if need be.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

I think the rear bench seat would have to be removed...its under it and some of them dont have a vent... but the line does a loop and when i called and talked to donzi. They said when the tank gets filled and starts to push piss out the vent. The piss sits in the bottom of the loop and will stink....I have a access cover under the drivers seat on the freeboard that lets you see the tank if you look towards the back stern of the boat with a flastlight.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Registered

Does the rear bench come out as in take apart or is it something that needs to be cut. I just can't see the tank being stuck in with no way to remove. If it slides out from the engine compartment that still looks like a pita.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Registered

dont know?

just saw what area the tank was in when installing the subs.

Maybe remove the 6in round speaker by the drivers seat and look
Old 09-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Had to remove the battery switches to get close to it. Found the leak. Looks like it has a adapter at the top for a bigger hose, it's capped off but where the manufacture cut the tank and sealed the fitting is where it's leaking.

I'm gonna flush the tank with some fresh water several times then clean up the outside of the tank as much as possible then reseal it with some epoxy. The vent hose has no filter in it so I need to check and make sure it's not blocking air.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Registered

If you do some research in the RV forums as well, you can find a product that I used a few years ago to clean the tank out really well....I cant think of the name of the product to save my life, but i filled my waste tank up with water and this cleaner. Ran around the lake so it could slush around. Drained my tank, and then added gallon of fresh water with RV waste tank treatment (blue stuff like airplane)

These are holding tanks, not a septic tank. So much sure you empty as much as possible to keep smell down.