New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions! >

New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions!

Notices

New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions!

Old 07-14-2016, 05:07 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
I priced it out and after prep and NO GUARANTEE FROM SUNFADE....the price would be $500.

In my research the sunfade issue appears to the big one......nobody I have seen so far is pleased with the results longterm.

I have been watching those Livorsi panel sets on Ebay - the only issue I see is NO LABELS - so then its getting them engraved or laser cut after the fact.

On another note - I broke a cleat now too so I got that going for me. Called DONZI - no idea what maker or supplier. I swear at this point I may just name this boat after all "The Albatross"

Why don't you just have your original ones wrapped?
Old 07-14-2016, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
I priced it out and after prep and NO GUARANTEE FROM SUNFADE....the price would be $500.

In my research the sunfade issue appears to the big one......nobody I have seen so far is pleased with the results longterm.

I have been watching those Livorsi panel sets on Ebay - the only issue I see is NO LABELS - so then its getting them engraved or laser cut after the fact.

On another note - I broke a cleat now too so I got that going for me. Called DONZI - no idea what maker or supplier. I swear at this point I may just name this boat after all "The Albatross"
When I've called their service guy has been pretty helpful. He's offered before to print the build sheet with part numbers but I already had it.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Well cleat has been identified - GEM PRODUCTS Orange Park, FL.

They of course discontinued this line of cleats some time ago....so now the scavenger hunt begins.

8" Gem Products # 68201-ST
Old 07-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Registered

That's going to be really fun.

One of my nav lights in the front went out last weekend. I felt around in there, didn't feel loose. I'm guessing bad bulb. Anyone know offhand what size they are? It was 130 am when I got back so wasn't a good time to take it apart.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Registered

I am buying those LED's from DDirect if I have any issues with NAV lights. The existing setup is a failure in engineering.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Registered

Wow they are crazy proud of those. I'm sure I could make that for what they charge for shipping.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

LOL!

Now you know why I was looking for an alternative for the Carbon Fiber dash panels. They ESTIMATED - $1995. for a carbon panel set to replace my current silver ones. That didnt include shipping or insurance which I am sure would have been 10% more.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Registered

You aren't kidding. That's nuts! Figure out a plan yet?
Old 07-29-2016, 01:36 PM
Registered

Nothing is really working out.

I priced vinyl wrapping my existing panels - it involves pre-treating them with an agent that may damage the finish or make them unusable afterwards unless recovered. It also has a tendency to sunfade. I really don't want to be paying to wrap my panels every season. Plus, you lose the labels for the switches.

So that led me to the Livorsi Dash Plate sets on Ebay.....the painted ones appeared to have been laser engraved for the switch labels. The only colors available were purple and yellow - not my style. The bare aluminum plate set is not engraved.

So for now I am just stock silver....and spending my days looking at beautiful carbon fiber dash panel sets on other 35zr's and thinking how it just may be easier to find a nice used 43zr and move on from the hassles.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Factory NAV lights are a disaster. I went to www.superbrightleds.com and bought the biggest, brightest green and red ones. Have had no issues since and that was a couple years ago. Also, fill your anchor locker with fiberglass resin until the floor height matches the drain so your locker stays dry. Otherwise the constant moisture rots your nav light sockets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.