Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions! >

New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions!

Notices

New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions!

Old 08-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Diamond Performance on your dash panel needs. Bill Naumann has some excellent options. 302-521-0123
Old 08-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Registered

The new DD Nav lights are a good fix, but costly and involved. Just switch to the colored LED's
Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RumBlur
Factory NAV lights are a disaster. I went to www.superbrightleds.com and bought the biggest, brightest green and red ones. Have had no issues since and that was a couple years ago. Also, fill your anchor locker with fiberglass resin until the floor height matches the drain so your locker stays dry. Otherwise the constant moisture rots your nav light sockets.
Can you look up your receipt and post your part numbers?
Old 08-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey ShootinRopes35z, just thought I would let you know you aren't alone. I broke a blade off the starboard prop. the blade chopped off the cavitation plate off the nxt lower.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

While we are all on 35Zr's.....

I am thinking about losing the cockpit cover going forward next season. The rows of snaps look ugly and I just do not use it considering that we keep it in the high and dry all year long. My plan is to purchase a nice nylon or acrylic full cover for storage.

Snaps would be removed this winter and gelcoat repaired.

Any input is welcome as I have never utilized a full cover in this capacity year round.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
While we are all on 35Zr's.....

I am thinking about losing the cockpit cover going forward next season. The rows of snaps look ugly and I just do not use it considering that we keep it in the high and dry all year long. My plan is to purchase a nice nylon or acrylic full cover for storage.

Snaps would be removed this winter and gelcoat repaired.

Any input is welcome as I have never utilized a full cover in this capacity year round.
If you are getting rid of the cock pit cover all together I assume there is a possibility that you will have to trailer with the full cover? If that is the case I would have a custom one made that fits snug and has a liner inside of it to guard against any chafing on the seat head rests and gelcoat. The generic internet covers fit well and are decent material but in my opinion they are not tight enough to trailer with. If you're rack storing only then they would work fine. I have 3 different covers for mine and I find that they all come in handy for something at one point or another. Everyone has a different preference of what they want and need for themselves.

Last edited by neva satisfied; 08-25-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Registered

I am so aggravated with this masthead light issue. Westmarine has NO idea where to locate a masthead light that will fit a horizontal mount. Where do I go or who do I call to find one of these! We have a poker run coming up, and I can't find the appropriate masthead light! 38 Donzi ZR anyone have a website or suggestions other then filling pole with sand or manually bending it to fit? What if I just buy an 8 foot pole and tape an all around to the top of it, then suction cup it to the port side of the stern? Getting pretty desperate at this point.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

This is just a thought...why can't you just remove the horizontal mount and install a standard mast pole mount in its place and use a regular West Marine pole? I would think that with the new hole you will have to drill would more than cover up the mounting holes from the horizontal one. I can't remember off hand how big the base is on the horizontal mount.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I think it is one of these:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/chaparr...t-anchor-light

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perko-Boat-A...RYbW0K&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perko-Combin...ZYg6bc&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Tom A.; 02-08-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by neva satisfied
This is just a thought...why can't you just remove the horizontal mount and install a standard mast pole mount in its place and use a regular West Marine pole? I would think that with the new hole you will have to drill would more than cover up the mounting holes from the horizontal one. I can't remember off hand how big the base is on the horizontal mount.
I am doing this exact same thing come Spring. I am also removing the horizontal VHF antenna mount and instead running a vertical socket type as well.

I still say pulling the plug out of the bottom of the pole...filling it with sand and bending it around a pole is going to be less frustration than scouring the internet for the OEM replacement OR you can use the suction cup deal until I pull the boat out in the Spring and mount mine vertical then you can buy my old horizontal mount pole...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.