22 Classic Help!! >

22 Classic Help!!

Notices

22 Classic Help!!

Old 07-13-2016, 10:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Class6 has similar advise as I and maybe explained it better. Small adjustments of trim to bring the bow up and only use tabs if required to level the boat. Many times when I run with just one on board the port tab is down a little when I pull her out on the trailer. This is do too the roll the boat has from a right hand prop and weight on port side. When I run solo no tab required to stay level; my weight balances the roll from the prop torque. I find with a 3 blade you can easily over trim and the boat can become vary loose. With the 4 blade Rev 4 I can trim to the moon and the boat just slows down if I over trim. Again, you should not need tabs to keep the boat from porpoising... The lead weight idea works well if you feal the need to run wild in rough water. It keeps the bow down without using lots of tab and scrubbing speed...
Old 07-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by class6
Do you have indicators on the tabs. Have you ever run the boat wher you feel comfortable and don't move the tabs. Take it out of the water and see where they really are compared to level. Maybe your just running too much tab keeping the bow down and lifting the rear up out of the water. I would start a run. Tabs up all the way keep the drive trim in and trim up to level only. Do it very little at a time and give the boat time to react and settle at each stap of the button. Check and mark that adjustment also. So you really know where level is. Last thing. Bravo drive. If it's a newer model with ecentric adjustment at rear ram connection. Make sure it's at the most rear setting. This often gets moved when taking the drive off. Let us know how it goes.
The boat will porpoise with out using the tabs at lower speeds no matter where I start or end with the trim. At around 40 mph I can raise the tabs all the way up (in calm water), until I get into the low 60's, where it starts a violent porpoise. In order to run in the 60's, I need tabs, unless I have the boat weighted just right I haven't yet figured out how much weight and where though.
I appreciate everyone's input here.

Mark
Old 07-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by class6
Do you have indicators on the tabs. Have you ever run the boat wher you feel comfortable and don't move the tabs. Take it out of the water and see where they really are compared to level. Maybe your just running too much tab keeping the bow down and lifting the rear up out of the water. I would start a run. Tabs up all the way keep the drive trim in and trim up to level only. Do it very little at a time and give the boat time to react and settle at each stap of the button. Check and mark that adjustment also. So you really know where level is. Last thing. Bravo drive. If it's a newer model with ecentric adjustment at rear ram connection. Make sure it's at the most rear setting. This often gets moved when taking the drive off. Let us know how it goes.
Forgot to mention, no, I don't have trim tab indicators. If I keep the boat, I'm adding them next season though.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I realize your a pilot , so this may sound like a dumb question. Have you checked trim tab wiring,( are you sure they are going the direction indicated on switch?) Tabs down with drive trimmed up will cause bow lift ,then nose dive.Good Luck!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sorry Man, it should not be this hard to run...

Originally Posted by snave8
The boat will porpoise with out using the tabs at lower speeds no matter where I start or end with the trim. At around 40 mph I can raise the tabs all the way up (in calm water), until I get into the low 60's, where it starts a violent porpoise. In order to run in the 60's, I need tabs, unless I have the boat weighted just right I haven't yet figured out how much weight and where though.

Mark
Try the Rev 4.If it doesn't solve this problem of needing tabs, there is a problem with the hull or drive setup...
Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
I realize your a pilot , so this may sound like a dumb question. Have you checked trim tab wiring,( are you sure they are going the direction indicated on switch?) Tabs down with drive trimmed up will cause bow lift ,then nose dive.Good Luck!!!
LOL....Yes!!
Old 07-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Forgot to mention, no, I don't have trim tab indicators. If I keep the boat, I'm adding them next season though.
You shouldn't need them. Especially if you have auto retract; Then you always know you are starting out full up.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Mark
Above in bold is concerning. Have not witnessed this in any boat. Chine walking, yes, but violent porpoising ? No.

Last edited by SB; 07-14-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
You shouldn't need them. Especially if you have auto retract; Then you always know you are starting out full up.
No auto retract.....Have to install the LED indicator/actuator switches to get that. They are Lemco Edge Mount Tabs.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:25 AM
Registered

mark trim guage when drive is PERFECT level and on plane w hull , try other prop / drive boat w drive level to get feel for it / we have way too much tab trim unless u poppin on plane w tabs down / have seen tabs mounted so they drag always fishers cruisers / drive boat w tabs hard up to get feel / check drive see if it tucks in may need adjustment or shorter ram / check boat for issues // check tabs see if they move up out hull plane line / I have used stingray stabilizers don't laugh bolted on they do help xr111

Last edited by hotrodford; 07-15-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.