Donzi 35ZR Windscreen >

Donzi 35ZR Windscreen

Notices

Donzi 35ZR Windscreen

Old 04-21-2023, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
Wanted to provide an update to the windshield I got from Acrylico. It was the latest version so basically 2008 spec - it had a little higher top line and more of the ducktail shape to flip the windstream over the driver and passengers. When it was installed you could noticably tell that it was deflecting the wind higher on the head and was more of a convertible experience versus staring into the exhaust of a F16.
In my opinion the slimmer windshield is the only look for a ZR. The boat is shallow and sleek for a reason and the windscreen really makes that work. If you try installing some wall of plastic or cupped style windscreen that wraps over the occupants it really takes away from the asthetics and feel of a ZR. The ZRC pulls off that windscreen because its a deeper sitting position in relation to the controls. This is really where the ZR line shines...its an incredible "bar hopper" and day runner - if you want sticks down high speed everywhere you go....spend the coin on a ZRC.

Any pics of the new windscreen?
Old 05-02-2023, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Sold the boat - new owner stops by OSO maybe he willl update with pics.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll put it out there if anyone is interested. Pictured is the windscreen off a Donzi 38ZR that cracked this Spring. Its a clean, vertical crack at the screw hole. I purchased a new one that just came in (took almost 3 months) and If anyone is interested I'll sell the damaged one for $400.00 plus shipping. The new one was over $1,900.00 with shipping. This one could either be trimmed at the break and cut on the other side to match or welded, sanded, and painted. I would have probably done the welded/painted route but it wouldn't have matched the over all color of my boat.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Performance Acrylics in Ohio, a friend of mine just recieved a new windscreen this week for his zr35, shipped to sweden no less!, dont know the actual cost but it was not cheap he said though.