Notices

Zxr???

Old 02-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Zxr???

For a 3 new models this has been pretty quiet. Any new news?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

38 ZR will be unveiled at the Miami Show, believe the 43 will also be there or show shortly after.... Then I believe the noise begins ....
Old 02-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
For a 3 new models this has been pretty quiet. Any new news?
Got to crawl around on a 35 at the Dallas boat show and I loved it. The wifey wasn't a big fan because of the cabin. The cabin is small on these, but I'm 6'3 and weigh around 270lbs and I was comfortable (after I squeezed through the tiny door
Old 02-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lonestar382
Got to crawl around on a 35 at the Dallas boat show and I loved it. The wifey wasn't a big fan because of the cabin. The cabin is small on these, but I'm 6'3 and weigh around 270lbs and I was comfortable (after I squeezed through the tiny door
Give some details, how was the freeboard? Sit down only? I haven't seen one in person yet but I have been on the 38 comp and I am using that for my comparison. In my mind I see it about the size of a 35 fountain?
Old 02-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Give some details, how was the freeboard? Sit down only? I haven't seen one in person yet but I have been on the 38 comp and I am using that for my comparison. In my mind I see it about the size of a 35 fountain?
The 35, 38, and 43 zr are all stand up boats, the 38 zr comp will remain a sit down boat.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered

Like stated, the 35 is a standup, but...I don't think the freeboard made me feel ultra comfortable. It is a little deep for a sit down, but a little shallow for a standup for my tastes anyway. The ergonomics are fantastic. I love the helm. I will definitely wait for either the 38 or the 43. I think a 43 with 1075's is being built or is planned for a customer out of the Dallas area, I'm anxious to see that one

Corey
Old 02-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

I got to crawl around one in AC. I thought it was a beautiful boat but was not very comfortable. I am 6'3" and basically felt like the boat was made for someone alot shorter. The rear bench hit me in the shoulders and pushed me foward in a very uncomfortable way. I did lke the grab handles and cup holders. The bolsters were ok, but you have two choices, seat up or down. no reason for the electric bolster option. Plus, the foot rests are too high to let me comfortably settle into the boslter. Otherwise the dash layout was great. The door is small to the cabin, but they say all the new ones being built will have a larger door. The cabin was about the same as any 35. I can't wait to see the 38
Old 02-09-2005, 04:50 PM

The 35 ZR fit me fine, she is a lower boat but thats what makes the ZR different and fast! I have been on a test run with the boat and after you experience the ride you will not feel uncomftorble anymore. The 38 ZR will be introduced in Miami and right not being kept under wraps. as far as the opening in the door thats a wait and see and the door is much nicer to get in then the 28ZX. For the price of the boat she can't be beat!
I just ordered mine and even though I am a dealer I fell in love with the boat and the 35ZR fits my needs all the way. there are not to many boats with 496s that will get you over 80mph but the 35 ZR does it with no effort.
Attached Thumbnails Zxr???-2005-35-zr-1.jpg   Zxr???-2005-35-zr-2.jpg  
Old 02-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 123 Posts

I've said it before and this picture confirms it - the Beak on that 35 Donzi makes a Fountain owner feel like he has bucoo running surface. That is the longest fregging nose I have ever seen on a performance boat.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I've said it before and this picture confirms it - the Beak on that 35 Donzi makes a Fountain owner feel like he has bucoo running surface. That is the longest fregging nose I have ever seen on a performance boat.
Ahhh..for long nose you should look at a 41 Cougar V. Now that'll make a fountain owner feel good.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Von Bongo; 02-10-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.