doug wright 32 comes to uk from supreme marine >

doug wright 32 comes to uk from supreme marine

Notices

doug wright 32 comes to uk from supreme marine

Old 07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doug wright 32 comes to uk from supreme marine

how about this for a story,ive been kooking for a dw 32 for a while gary b puts me onto daren shwartz and troy hannon of supreme marine who had miccosukke ,i spoke to darren numerous times on the phone ,got him to send me pics etc , then spoke to troy hannon of supreme marine again on many phone calls etc and yet more pics , troy talked me through the boat from end to end ,i called gary to check all ok he said oh yes ,its great and told me the boats history etc.due to work commitments i was unable to fly to the us ,so i struck a deal with daren and troy over the phone without seeing the boat !wire the money through and now the guys have delivered it for shipping to the uk.
so this really is a trust story , troy hannon from supreme marine has been fantastic , went through the boat before it left including a water test with yet more pics for me !daren is also a top guy he got up at 1am to deliver it for shipping some 7 hours drive away !what more can i say top guys all round . dont know how to upload pic shere but i have loads of the boats trip so far !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Are you going to race it in the 6 litre series in the mid east? Good Luck with it. Troy does GREAT work and Darren is first class.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Welcome to the Doug Wright family! That boat and those guys are awesome.

Dan
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

ryan hi not this year but might next un sure yet see how it all pans out.
hi dan its your boat that has really got me into the doug wright thing ,so far ive never been in one but everyone tells me that they are the best cat in the flat and the rough! and the fastest! my intention is to try it and maybe do a few small races and see how it goes ,but over here 80 mph is looked on as fast in racing my old monohull race boat toppped out at 75mph !im not to sure on the engines for over here as we are paying the equivolent of $11 a gallon ,but if i keep the revs down i hope to see a little better fuel economy on the 280 s.
so what are these engines really like now?
thanks for welcoming me to the dw club .and yes darren and troy have been superb ,the amount of time they have both given me is great !only thing is i need driving lessons ,any tips guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:58 AM
Registered

Default Buying a boat unseen

Hi there. I know the guys you are buying your DW32 from are honest guys and you have a great boat on its way to you.
Unfortunately, I also brought a race boat unseen from the US.
I was told it was race ready. But when it finally arrived the radio and intercom were full of water and rusting, None of the gauges worked, The fuel tanks were falling apart as was the hull. The engines were good but I certainly would not say the boat was race ready. It's cost me as much as the boat again to get it back on the water.
I presumed the seller to be honsest about the condition of the boat.
That was my mistake.
No point getting mad, but I learnt a valuable lesson.
Again, I'm sure you have a great DW 32 on its way.
Enjoy.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:16 AM
Registered

hi mat h ,that is a shame ,it is risky buying sort of blind , where in the world are you ?
dan any chance of having a chat with you some time re your dw my email addy is [email protected]
Old 08-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Default DW32 v AMT30

I'm in Australia.
I looked at you boat a while back but it was just too much money for me. Unfortunately in the end I could have brought a DW 32 with what this boat has cost me to repair.
Anyway life goes on and no point living in the past.
It is a great shaped hull designed by Doug Wright so Im just looking forward to getting it back into the water and going racing.

Mat
Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

I am extremely pleased with the new 300xs!. I am at 200hrs with very little troubles. The 3 litre gearcases are strong. The fuel economy is outstanding if you run under 5,000. Its difficult for me to stay out of the throttle.

I purchased more 2.5's than I care to reflect on they are cool but the 300xs is the way to go.

Dan