Brovo 1 remove and install help >

Brovo 1 remove and install help

Notices

Brovo 1 remove and install help

Old 07-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brovo 1 remove and install help

Had my bravo 1 put on but now I cant shift from reverse to neutral or foward. Shifter seems stuck. Was gunna take it off myself, thinking it is not on correctly. Any thing I should look for or avoid. Boat is a 92 formula with a 502. Thanks
Old 07-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered

sounds like you did not get the shift cable into the cable lock you need to have it in neutral and have the clamp pulled out when sliding the drive on and make sure the cable goes in to the clamp.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rssteiny
sounds like you did not get the shift cable into the cable lock you need to have it in neutral and have the clamp pulled out when sliding the drive on and make sure the cable goes in to the clamp.
I second that. When you pull the drive back out, you are going to need some needle nose pliers and yank the shifter out of the drive. Obiously, I don't mean to say that you have to rip it out. It is jammed back into the hole right now. If it gets tough, just drain the oil and pull the rear cap. You may need to turn the input shaft if it gives you a hard time. Unfortunately, I did the same thing once, but at least nothing breaks when it happens.

Rene
Old 07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by oldandtired
I second that. When you pull the drive back out, you are going to need some needle nose pliers and yank the shifter out of the drive. Obiously, I don't mean to say that you have to rip it out. It is jammed back into the hole right now. If it gets tough, just drain the oil and pull the rear cap. You may need to turn the input shaft if it gives you a hard time. Unfortunately, I did the same thing once, but at least nothing breaks when it happens.

Rene

Triple on this, fairly common deal, unless you do this a lot it's easy to miss the hook up on the shift cable.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Put the shifter in forward to extend the cable out of the transom assy,,,,,,, make sure the shift clamp is extended out of the drive.

As you are installing the drive, make sure the cable end gets clamped in the mouth of the assy.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

leave the shifter in nuetral that way when you pull the drive off it will pull it into gear and the shifter will be sticking out and when you put it back on it will push it back in put it back in nuetral.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Registered

Hey guys thanks for the info going to pull the drive off tomorrow thats what I thought happened but was not sure will let you know how it turns out thanks again ...
Old 07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Hey guys I pulled the drive yesterday and all were right missed hooking the cable . Thanks for the help and info keep up the good replies thanks again