IMCO sc vs max billet vs teague platnium vs B max >

IMCO sc vs max billet vs teague platnium vs B max

Notices

IMCO sc vs max billet vs teague platnium vs B max

Old 07-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Question IMCO sc vs max billet vs teague platnium vs B max

drive Guru's of OSO I'm in need of your imput on XR replacment drives..will any take wot for poker run legs ?

the Xr's work good But don't dare keep it 2 the pins for long with 800 dyno hp.

looking for a direct bolt on replacment, drives we are concidering are the fore mentioned in the title,

are these that much better than the merc Xr's

and I know the B max uses Xr lower gears, but what do the rest use for upper and lower gears ?? would like to keep the 1:5 -1 ratio if possible so we don't have to change setup. so looks like the B-max's are out.

thanks in advance SK
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Imco uses all Merc gears in their drives. I found that out after I broke one twice with only 650 hp. I'm probably harder on stuff than most anyone else would even think of being, but I maintain it also
Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

B-max the only one that will last i broke max billet,imco and teague 950 hp
Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I would love to but The fact is there not too good at keeping parts on the shelf... I'm sure you undersand that all too well ...how's our make shift repair doing ? I'll keep that tool for ya ...get some new gears...

SK
Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered

Imco uses XR merc parts just a beefier case. That was from a imco guys mouth.

direct bolt on replacement:

Pulse drives

Arneson-industries
Old 07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Is this a single???

B Max all the way! I have over 750 hp and just bolted on an XR, only because B max is four weeks delivery. My summer is short up here.

It's true they use a merc lower, but it's the upper you and I have to worry about more.

Disadvantage of the B max, no through drive exhaust, you loose 3to 4 degree's of turning radius, and the weight of it! Almost 200 lbs back there !!!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered

What kinda coin are you looking at for B MAX upper?
Also can I bolt on my Sportmaster 2" shorty with 1.5 ratio to a B MAX upper?
Not trying to stomp on the thread just thought it would also add to the knowledge gained.

Thanx,
Dennis
Old 07-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soinc
I would love to but The fact is there not too good at keeping parts on the shelf... I'm sure you undersand that all too well ...how's our make shift repair doing ? I'll keep that tool for ya ...get some new gears...

SK
Doing great 114 on sunday 4 people in boat no new gears yet thanks SK
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

They all use stock merc lower gears and except for the B-max they all use stock merc upper gears. Max worx has about the best upgrade parts as far as shafts and such (aside from B-maxes bullet proof upper),stay away from 5 blade props,especially large heavy ones like the maximus. I talk to guys all the time about their drive problems,there seems to be more guys breaking stuff with 5 blade props than anything else due to the low slip numbers and heavy weight.
I have a fairly light boat (272 baja) ,ran 950hp/ft lbs of tq for past 2 years,had fairly good luck with max worx upgrade parts in my drive,my lower gears became the weak point,they would chip up and start brinneling after 10-12 hard hours of running. By changing the drive oil every weekend I was able to keep the metal from destroying the rest of the drive as fast. I experimented with some different surface treatments for the lower gears and have gotten them to last signifigantly longer. In the midst of all of this I bolted on a 5 blade maximus prop while testing and after ten passes sheared off a max worx billet prop shaft. When running 4 blade labbed props I never broke a prop shaft so I base my opinion on this and my discussions with guys calling me for drive/gear treatments,Smitty
Old 08-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by StrikinLightnin
What kinda coin are you looking at for B MAX upper?
Also can I bolt on my Sportmaster 2" shorty with 1.5 ratio to a B MAX upper?
Not trying to stomp on the thread just thought it would also add to the knowledge gained.

Thanx,
Dennis

Imco's will bolt up to the B max. I was told ratio would be close to 1:44 with an Imco lower, and a 1:36 B Max upper.

B max won't sell the uppers seperate. Water flow issues with standard Merc lowers.

Quick Reply: IMCO sc vs max billet vs teague platnium vs B max

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.