Notices

Konrad Drives??

Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konrad Drives??

Has anyone using Konrad drives experienced the paint on the drives blistering?? I had the drives installed last April, used the boat from May through September and noticed bubbling on the top caps. The bubbling started around early Sept. and seemed to get worse through the end of Sept. The bubbling is now down the sides and back of the upper casing. The installer has contacted Konrad about this but has not received a reply on this issue. The drives should still be warrantied and need to be repainted. Please respond if you have had an issue with the paint on your drives and how Konrad responded to the issue.. Thank- You
Old 02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not heard of anything like this. Have you tried to contact Biggus on the board? He is the factory rep. If you just tried to contact them it may take a little bit longer then normal as they are setting up for the Miami Boat Show. Since they are a smallish company it is all hands on deck down there. If you can be patient I am sure that Kurt will contact you.

Just a couple questions. I am assuming you are in Salt water? Do you have the correct zincs on there? Do you leave the boat in the water for extended periods? Do you leave it at a Marina?

Marina's can be notorious for stray electric charges in the water that can really accelerate the corrosion process.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Registered

The boat is taken out of the water after use and rack stored. The drives are washed down with fresh water and soap and dried. The drives are waxed every second use and I do have the correct zincs on the boat. This boat never sits in the water.. Thanks for your comments. I will be patient and wait for a reply..
Old 02-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry to hear about the paint issue. As mentioned in your other post, I'm presently travelling with Konrad's palnt manager Mark Anderson and this is the first we've heard about your paint issue.
I can assure you that we will address this problem in a timely manor and make you a very satisfied customer in the end!

Please feel free to contact me direct,

[email protected]
715-410-0735
Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 AM
1CE
Registered

X-AIR u-are in good hands I am sure Kurt will take care of u---J
Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Thank You all for your replies. I talked to Kurt today and it was one of the nicest conversations I have had with someone in the Marine industry. What a Gentleman and helpful person he is. He took time to call even while juggling a hectic schedule in the Miami Boat show. It was refreshing to find someone as willing to help as Kurt.. Thanks again to all who posted. Konrad truly is ACES!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ummmm you sure you talked to Kurt? I found him to be the same way. We are good friends but my dealings with him in my drive purchase were also fantastic. Other then the paint how do you like the drives? I may never get to use mine
Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Audiofn, I love the drives, They are reliable and bullet proof. Great set up for my 1984 Mistress. Other then the paint problem, the Konrads have been fine.