max worx billet lower

Notices

max worx billet lower

Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 863 Likes on 402 Posts
Default max worx billet lower

I asked this question a year ago and no one had any first hand experience. Is anyone on this board (other than whirlwind) running a max machine worx billet lower? It is a very pricey lower in comparison to the imco BUT it has a double set of lower vert shaft support bearings to help maintain proper lower gear contact. The B-max crescent,imco and merc sportmaster just have one set of bearings like a stock lower,this one is different. Dave/whirlwind on here is running a set but he doesn't do his own drive work and hasn't been in his drives that I know of,I'm interested to hear some first hand experience,Smitty
Old 04-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay away from max worx drives and lowers. Here they are no longer building drives. go with imco if you have too.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 863 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
Stay away from max worx drives and lowers. Here they are no longer building drives. go with imco if you have too.
I don't know where you are getting your information at BUT they are still building drives,recently they got good press for Gary taylors boat running 132mph with their upgraded xr style drive with both upper and lower billet cases. As far as "staying away from them" I have successfully been running their upgraded drive and parts for 8 seasons behind my 750hp then 950 hp and currently 1050 plus hp single engine v-hull . They have the beefiest tower you will find in a bravo drive and have built billet replacement parts that far exceed the strength of the stock parts for virtually every part in the drive,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails max worx billet lower-copy-boyne-079.jpg  

Last edited by articfriends; 04-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.