Bravo XR input shaft VS Bravo 3 >

Bravo XR input shaft VS Bravo 3

Notices

Bravo XR input shaft VS Bravo 3

Old 08-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bravo XR input shaft VS Bravo 3

Is there a difference? If I remember right the bravo 3 has stronger u-joints. I'm wondering if I can use an input shaft off a bravo 3 on an XR.

Thanks,
Frank
Old 08-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nova,
The input shaft on the B1 and XR has changed to Metric. If it has a grease fitting it is the old style. The B1 is smaller than the XR.. There are XR B3's out there, so it all depends.
The XR/XZ has larger splined shaft on the yoke that fits into the pinion gear. So B1 and XR are not switchable. You can get a yoke with large splines and small unjoint from Imco.. used to install XR gears in a B1 case.

So tell us what you have in the B3, if it is just a B3 and not a B3 XR, it wont fit an XR..

Hope this helps.
Dick
Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Nova,
The input shaft on the B1 and XR has changed to Metric. If it has a grease fitting it is the old style. The B1 is smaller than the XR.. There are XR B3's out there, so it all depends.
The XR/XZ has larger splined shaft on the yoke that fits into the pinion gear. So B1 and XR are not switchable. You can get a yoke with large splines and small unjoint from Imco.. used to install XR gears in a B1 case.

So tell us what you have in the B3, if it is just a B3 and not a B3 XR, it wont fit an XR..

Hope this helps.
Dick

Hey Dick,

You have to get out of that barn more often. You definetly are building too many drives.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Nova,

Hope this helps.
Dick
dick,
I'm putting a blackhawk on an its box, could you build me a driveshaft, long its shaft from coupler with a u joint that would fit the blackhawk?..Rob
Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dick. I looked at the B3's and they both have greasable joints. I was hoping to be able to press the input shaft off at the u-joint and swap the shaft out. But it sounds like there are different size u-joints between the xr and B3.

Thanks,
Frank
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Frank,
It has been a while since I have seen a B3, but I think you are correct.. The XR input is the toughest input shaft anyway. The new metric (without grease fittings) is the strongest, I believe, from a theroy standpoint (no passages for grease)

Rob
It depends on what input shaft the ITS uses. I have not seen one.. if you order a new input shaft for them it will be the metric. Not sure which gears the ITS uses, it if uses the helical cut small spline gears then it would fit the Blackhawk. If it uses the XR then you would have to get an XZ gear set to make it work.. Through enough money my way and I could probably come up with something...

Dick
PS. Vinny out of the barn now.. at my day job.. whew!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 164 Likes on 92 Posts

Dick & Rob,
ITS is the big spline, and I'm doing exaclty that, putting a Blackhawk on an ITS. Using X gears & a retainer/nut from Imco to fit the standard case.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Marc,
Then you are using the XZ pinion gear to fit the regular ITS input shaft? Which is large spline. Did I understand you correctly?

Thanks
Dick
Old 08-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 164 Likes on 92 Posts

Exactly, X & XZ = same upper unit with large spline. I'm going to change the ratio at the same time so all new gears.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbam
Dick & Rob,
ITS is the big spline, and I'm doing exaclty that, putting a Blackhawk on an ITS. Using X gears & a retainer/nut from Imco to fit the standard case.
Sweet, Good to know Marc, we have some very cool stuff coming for the 20, seats just came in, transom is done, i'll give you a call in a couple weeks and get everything I need for the switch. Sorry to hear about the breakin down there, thieves just suck....Rob

Quick Reply: Bravo XR input shaft VS Bravo 3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.