IMCO vs Teague Drives

Notices

IMCO vs Teague Drives

Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
You're running 625 Ilmores correct? Most Ilmore packages are sold with Teague drives and I have heard of very few problems. You should be fine with that. Yes Teague drives break, everything breaks when you put enough power through it, but with the 625s, you should be good to go.
-Tom
Yup - 625's. Eliminator offered to upgrade me to the Teague's so I am going to give them a shot.

I'm also going to back off the use of my 5 blade props - I had been running labbed merc 5 blade 34's as my every day prop - put 115hrs on those props. I am hearing that 5 blades combined with my high x dim wreaks havoc on these bravo styles.

I have a pair of 4 blade herrings I am going to try when I splash my boat this week. I am anxious to see how they perform. The 4 blade mercs ran me about 5 mph slower in both the midrange and top end than the labbed 5 blades.

If these 4 blade herrings perform decent, I'll run those most of the time and assuming the 5 blades are still a bit faster, I'll run those only during Poker Runs, etc..when I'll want a little more speed.

I am hopeful that a more forgiving prop (more slip) and a better assembled drive will provide me better luck.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chuck
Darrin, All of the bravo style bravos are still just bravos. You might want to look into a set of Konrads. Since Aaron made the change he has not had one drive issue and the company is great to deal with. Mindi Doller did the conversion and is a first rate shop and business to deal with. Call me if you have any questions.
Thanks Chuck. Elim offered to cover my upgrade to Teague drives (I love these guys!) , so I'll go that route first and avoid throwing more $$$ at this project right now (I'm paying $800 just to have the drives overnighted so I can be back in the water by this weekend) - so even though Elim is hooking me up with the upgrade, I still find a way to blow $$.

If I still have challenges with the Teagues, then I'll look to make a move of some sort.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
that porpouise those eliminators got goin on is hard on drives

Our boats dont porpouise at all. 27 never did new. 33's wont either. Old 33 and 36's did but have since been corrected atleast the 36 are aboult the same as a skater MTI until they pack. I you dont believe we will have to meet up before the cold weather sets in. Watch Gregs 33 at LOTO 154 no porpouise youtube.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered

Hi Guys new to this site and so far it looks like everybody really tries to help out each other.
I was wondering if you guys could send me in the right direction, I just snaped the propshaft on my bravo drive.Its on a 25 Checkmate with a big block with about 760 lbs tq. It seems like the upper is still in good shape. I was thinking of going with the IMCO lower -1. I really baby the boat that is why I think the drive has lived as long as it did.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2LOUD
Hi Guys new to this site and so far it looks like everybody really tries to help out each other.
I was wondering if you guys could send me in the right direction, I just snaped the propshaft on my bravo drive.Its on a 25 Checkmate with a big block with about 760 lbs tq. It seems like the upper is still in good shape. I was thinking of going with the IMCO lower -1. I really baby the boat that is why I think the drive has lived as long as it did.

Imco make a good lower, and they seem to be very fast. Check the classifieds, there were some available for a good price.

Darrell.