TRS Drive alignment? >

TRS Drive alignment?

Notices

TRS Drive alignment?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRS Drive alignment?

I need to make sure my TRS drives are straight. I know to messure from the center of the prop hub. Where on the drive to compare it too. I need to know how far apart they need to be to be straight.

Tim
Old 10-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont know if i did mine right but I took two long straight edges and clamped them to both skegs. I measured the distance in front of the drive and behind the drive to get them straight. My tie bar was loose when I purchased the boat and thats the only thing I could think of to get it right.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can measure the center dimple on prop shaft and the forward edge of the skeg where it meets the front of the bullet.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 556 Posts

I made these earlier this year....very simple idea and saves you from crawling under the drives to get to the nose cones.....just thread them on the prop shaft and get one of the 4 red grooves to be facing straight up....use a tape measure on the front part of the bar near the prop shaft and on the back of the bar and adjust the drives till you have equal readings front and back...then you are dead balls straight.....now you can take the bars off and adjust the toe-in/out with the tips of the prop shafts simple and quick!
If anyones interested in a set let me know i can make some more
Attached Thumbnails TRS Drive alignment?-alignment-tool1.jpg   TRS Drive alignment?-alignment-tool2.jpg   TRS Drive alignment?-alignment-tool3.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shaft extensions eh? could be a popular item with some of the elderly members here--
Old 10-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
I made these earlier this year....very simple idea and saves you from crawling under the drives to get to the nose cones.....just thread them on the prop shaft and get one of the 4 red grooves to be facing straight up....use a tape measure on the front part of the bar near the prop shaft and on the back of the bar and adjust the drives till you have equal readings front and back...then you are dead balls straight.....now you can take the bars off and adjust the toe-in/out with the tips of the prop shafts simple and quick!
If anyones interested in a set let me know i can make some more
Very nice! Great idea, I wouldn't mind a set. How much?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Very nice! Great idea, I wouldn't mind a set. How much?
Well, when i did my set we had a left over bar stock here that they were throwing away....i just called around to find the cheapest stuff...and WOW prices are all over the place! Looks liek the cheapest i can get these done would be about $35-40 a set plus shipping...looks like prices change daily with metal now a days! let me know if still interested

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wally
Well, when i did my set we had a left over bar stock here that they were throwing away....i just called around to find the cheapest stuff...and WOW prices are all over the place! Looks liek the cheapest i can get these done would be about $35-40 a set plus shipping...looks like prices change daily with metal now a days! let me know if still interested
take paypal?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Wally, thats a great Idea!!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if it would act like extention boxes if you threaded the other end of the bar to except the prop. Then gas the hell out of it.

Quick Reply: TRS Drive alignment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.