Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
JR marine..gimbal removal.. >

JR marine..gimbal removal..

Notices

JR marine..gimbal removal..

Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the jrmarine kit before and it worked great. he'll sell you 2 5/8 open ended wrenches that are notched out that im glad i bought them, they were pretty cheap and definately made the job easier. Great guy too I had never done that kind of job before and Ron gave me his cell # to call him over the weekend if I got stuck. Took about 6-7 hours first time but could do it again in probably 3.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Also leaking water into my boat from the upper swifel / steering lever due to a bad seal.
I need to do the same *job* on my 1992 Alpha One Gen. 2 and would be glad having some tools/advice that will make that easier.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=07.08l73b.jpg

Is JR Marine out of business as their website is down ?

take care, Tom

Originally Posted by dagah2x
I used the jrmarine kit before and it worked great. he'll sell you 2 5/8 open ended wrenches that are notched out that im glad i bought them, they were pretty cheap and definately made the job easier. Great guy too I had never done that kind of job before and Ron gave me his cell # to call him over the weekend if I got stuck. Took about 6-7 hours first time but could do it again in probably 3.

Last edited by tom03; 08-07-2011 at 04:46 AM.