Notices

IMCO SCX Problem

Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Are you running sc lowers or scx lowers on your scx uppers? If they were new from Imco I would hold them accountable vs calling a third party in Fla. I remember the early B-max drives having porosity problems too, I am sure these housings are probably cast in Mexico or something . These things happen, Smitty
Respectfully disagree. Call Wilson...spend a few bucks...get it fixed..and get more speed. IMCO will do nothing and provide you with no advise as to how to improve Hydrodynamic drag of the anvil lower that is the SCX...we had one of the first sets off the shelf and could not be happier with the end result.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default SCX problems

Talked to Dave at IMCO. He said castings are sand casted which then any voids or defects are welded at finish. Sounds like i had a finish weld that didn't take. Told him to send me a crate, it's coming back. Also told him to look at the shifting problems. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

how much does wilsion charge to reshape the housing?

Originally Posted by TRL505
Respectfully disagree. Call Wilson...spend a few bucks...get it fixed..and get more speed. IMCO will do nothing and provide you with no advise as to how to improve Hydrodynamic drag of the anvil lower that is the SCX...we had one of the first sets off the shelf and could not be happier with the end result.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

email.. me.. wrenching madly to try and make Hot Boat weekend this Sat.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fuelcustoms
how much does wilsion charge to reshape the housing?
Approx 4k for a pair...but this depends on extent of work etc. They are pretty quick on turnaround too. Guys have been doing this for 30 yrs...and have done almost all the lowers on every record setting/bad azz boat you can think of.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

TRL505, Thanks for the nice comments.
We have all our info background on our website: www.wilsoncustommarine.com
We do a lot of work to your lowers, its not just a case of sharpening and shining. We spend a lot of time " trueing" your lowers and makig sure they are straight and then we go to town on making them hydrodynamic!
The results do vary, but the difference on every boat we have ever done is considerable.
Call me at anytime and we can go over all the info for you.
Like TRL505 said, we have worked on lowers for about every fast cat and V bottom there is out there.

B/R
Craig D. Wilson
Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Its from my buddy, 29scarab10

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
Crap! I was just reading yesterday about someone having a shifting problem with the SCX and it turned out to be an internal rubber spacer? They cut it in half on advice from Imco and problem solved? I wish I could have more details and can't seem to find the thread but I'll keep looking for it.

Hey Mr Gadgets, I hear your the man to talk to on a great deal for the SCX's? What's the best way to contact you regarding a possible purchase of 2 uppers and bells?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I finally got mine on the water a few weeks back. It shifts cleanly and no leaks. I was only able to get 7hrs on the clock and no WOT. So far I am happy with the SCX!!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 575cat
my levels have dropped slowly also , havent seen visably leaking ?
I noticed that my level drops too. Maybe 1/2 quart in 10 hours? The res goes from full to just below min.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There seems to be a lot of controversy over how this drive is to be filled. It's my understanding is it's to be filled to the vent hole only and the reservoir is strickly for expansion.
It's not to be filled like a Bravo where you pump it up past the vent hole and try to maintain oil in the reservoir. I had problems with mine losing oil also and discovered it was coming out past the front pinion seal. Dave @ Imco told me to follow the instructions and fill it to the vent hole and leave it alone. Since doing that, I have had no problems.
Anybody else have comments on how they are filling their's, I would appreciate your input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.