Upgrading From Bravo Xr To...???? >

Upgrading From Bravo Xr To...????

Notices

Upgrading From Bravo Xr To...????

Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
I don't know why you are bringing me into this but from my point of view you are BAGGING on my product. You claims of too much $ and sticking out the back of a boat some 12" makes you sound very wrong. Then arguing about it with members? Are you selling BMAX drives? If so, please state your position and please do not use my products as your spring board to attempt to make a BMAX look superior.
Rik I didn't bring your drives up others did, and then I was asked if I had thought about your product on my BT and I answered. I for one think you have a great product as I stated, I'm not BAGGING as you call it your stuff is just not right for my application. Why can't these threads stick to the facts, why does everyone try and start something to make their stuff sound better than the next?
Rik if you remember I spoke to you about your drives and you are the one who gave me the measurements, 52" if that is wrong then please post the correct distance so we all now what it is.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
I'm impressed, is your lower gear set a 17/19 then? The 15/19 1.50 gears I run used to last 10-12 hours with a little over 1000 hp and ft lbs of tq, I stretched this out to 40-60 hours or so by experimenting with different processes and settled on cryo/iso rem finishing along with premium synthetic oil (currently running the bravo shop stuff but was running Amsoil). I did switch to 1.36 lower gears that were cryoed, isoed and dlc coated this year and was eager to see how they held up but then I sheared off a billet vert shaft which destroyed everything in the lower including the case and gears so I am back to running the 1.50 gears. Im asking about your set-up because I am always curious in what works out there and what don't. I sheared off a billet prop shaft turning alot less prop too so you are doing pretty good, Smitty
He is running 15/19 and our hardened prop shaft.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by waconda
He is running 15/19 and our hardened prop shaft.
I am looking for a new prop shaft and vert shaft (std length) for spares as I have used up all my parts, can you pm me a price, thanks, Smitty
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Except the sc lower's still use merc xr gears which can and do fail under high tq and load, I would buy the scx lower too and turn up the power if possible to be really bullet proof, IMHO, Smitty
I completely agree with you and already stated that and thats why I sold my imco SC drives. BUT the owner of this very light and effeciant fountain is factoring cost in also so he might as well use the lowers that he has and if they break later he can upgrade to the scx lowers. I just see no reason in buying the b max lower when they are very close to the sc lower. Neither one is going to make a huge difference either way.

With monopoly money in hand he should buy the X power drive and be done with it! Bill the owner claims he just sold 10 of them and has orders for 6 more. I finally saw this drive in person on a sweet skater at boyne thunder poker run. BUT for 37,000 EACH we are still playing with monopoly money.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

Rik I didn't bring your drives up others did, and then I was asked if I had thought about your product on my BT and I answered. I for one think you have a great product as I stated, I'm not BAGGING as you call it your stuff is just not right for my application. Why can't these threads stick to the facts, why does everyone try and start something to make their stuff sound better than the next?
Rik if you remember I spoke to you about your drives and you are the one who gave me the measurements, 52" if that is wrong then please post the correct distance so we all now what it is.

Untill we see a black thunder with arneson drives we do not know if your statement is true or not. Your personal application they might not be your favorite but no one knows if a arneson drive works good, great, or awesome on a black thunder.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I completely agree with you and already stated that and thats why I sold my imco SC drives. BUT the owner of this very light and effeciant fountain is factoring cost in also so he might as well use the lowers that he has and if they break later he can upgrade to the scx lowers. I just see no reason in buying the b max lower when they are very close to the sc lower. Neither one is going to make a huge difference either way.

With monopoly money in hand he should buy the X power drive and be done with it! Bill the owner claims he just sold 10 of them and has orders for 6 more. I finally saw this drive in person on a sweet skater at boyne thunder poker run. BUT for 37,000 EACH we are still playing with monopoly money.
Offshore I which you could seat here and answer my phone and hear what I hear about some of the drives you speak of by folks that have them and had them. It would make you scratch your head and your ass at the same time.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

I missed where you brought up the fact he has a light, efficient hull. I have yet to see or hear results on the x-power, sure looked cool when it came out!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That 52" is correct but it is only 4" longer than Bravo on a box, which would be a similar setup not the 12" misleading statement. Also, you are the one bagging on the price while not bringing into light the benefits it brings nor the fact that it is less than a complete new Bravo or BMAX assembly on the boat. Not to mention the SPEED increase that the Arneson will have over the current setup!

Also, this thread was started by someone with a FOUNTAIN not a BT so I don't see how you can bring that into this discussion. I agree stick to the topic but as you pointed out and any proof or lack there of on a BT has no relevance on a Fountain.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys is a bmax drive lots stronger than a Teague platinum XR drive?

Thank u
Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered

Yes it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.