Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
New Drive Temp Sensor & Gauge Available..... >

New Drive Temp Sensor & Gauge Available.....

Notices

New Drive Temp Sensor & Gauge Available.....

Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Drive Temp Sensor & Gauge Available.....

Hey friends,

Well I've finally got it done. It is an extremely heavy duty unit designed to be punished. The picture shows the next to last revision. The latest and final design has a much larger flange for outside the transom, a shoulder integrated into the sensor threads for the closest fit in the vent hole virtually eliminating any possibility of a leak and longer threads on the inside part of the tube for securing inside the vessel.

The sensor element is a new pvc coated ultra sensitive design, temperature variable is minimal and reaction to thermal change is fast ! The only gauge available for it at the moment is an ice blue digital type, which i've matched to the sensor.

The sensor and accompanying gauge's temperature range is 32F -500F. Unfortunately the Livorsi gauge will not work as the thermal co-efficient is different.

Installation remains simple, however in the event the drive must be removed there will be a special procedure to remove the sensor before you take the drive off due to the overall design and stiffness of the stainless sheath.

I am offering to my friends here the package for 399.00 each. I need an order of 25 to get this ball rolling.
Attached Thumbnails New Drive Temp Sensor & Gauge Available.....-set1.jpg  

Last edited by Trippin; 01-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.