99 baja 302 bravo one outdrive oil service question please >

99 baja 302 bravo one outdrive oil service question please

Notices

99 baja 302 bravo one outdrive oil service question please

Old 06-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 99 baja 302 bravo one outdrive oil service question please

Hello guy I am a long time follower and finally purchase a 1999 30ft baja boss 302 with bravo one out drives. When I service the out drives should I do it like this
1. Remove fill/drain plug in bottom and remove top check plug as well
2.let drain over night so it will drain my monitor as well?
3. Use the special pump and fill thru bottom hole until I see it run out the top hole?
4. Then reinstall the top plug and leave the pump hooked up to the bottom one.
5. Keep pumping more in until the monitor has around 1" of oil then top off to the full mark?

Please let me know what you think I under stand lots of threads adress this but I'm still curious about the monitor complete drain!!!! Thanks guys!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

some one? any one?? haha im starting on it here in a few minutes and would like a little insight on this matter????? most of my worry is with filling thew monitor???please some one chime in and help me... Im new to the forum and was hoping to get a hand of addvice, tricks etc guys
Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 77 Posts

Stop pumping when oil runs out top plug. Fill resivoir from the inside of boat. Run the motor and top off resivoir as needed
Old 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Registered

so should i just take monitor off and dump the gear oil out of it??? Dont want old fluid in the resv or the line i want all new??? also i was told i need to remove the bravo 1 prop in order to drain??? im think 1 1/16 size socket???? do i need to remove hub also?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

This is a bravo III but same idea. This is basically how I do it. No need to remove the prop!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered

YouTube
Old 06-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for your input but it's wrong.. The bravo one is not like the 3 or the alpha. Drain/fill is behind the prop pal... All good I just can't find anywhere on hoe to take this apart
Old 06-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Registered

I put a clip on my reservior line, so the GOOD UNUSED fluid does not drain back down into the drive when I change out the fluid! I pull my prop off, then remove bottom drain/fill screw, then remove upper vent screw. I then pump lower unit until fluid seeps out, then replace vent screw and give it about ten more pumps and put the drain/fill screw back in. I then unclip the resivior line and let it sit for a few hours and recheck the reservoir level and top off if needed and then always recheck it after out on the water and its ran for a few minutes. The screw is easily accessible with the prop off and the plastic hub pulled off, it should come off fairly easy if it has been lightly greased before it was put back on in the past.Mine have always come off by pulling by hand.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by msa4016@hotmail.
I put a clip on my reservior line, so the GOOD UNUSED fluid does not drain back down into the drive when I change out the fluid! I pull my prop off, then remove bottom drain/fill screw, then remove upper vent screw. I then pump lower unit until fluid seeps out, then replace vent screw and give it about ten more pumps and put the drain/fill screw back in. I then unclip the resivior line and let it sit for a few hours and recheck the reservoir level and top off if needed and then always recheck it after out on the water and its ran for a few minutes. The screw is easily accessible with the prop off and the plastic hub pulled off, it should come off fairly easy if it has been lightly greased before it was put back on in the past.Mine have always come off by pulling by hand.
Ill be honest pal. I can't get the prop of or find out how to remove the prop. No where at all explains the "bravo 1 prop removal I have looked for hours and want fresh fluid tomo... There is not just a large nut to remove , more like a lock ring the the counter and I larger black to with notches??? Help!!! Lol
Old 06-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered

I have lots of money in oil, a set of large deep sockets and can't figure out now 1 and a quarter hours later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.