Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Just bought a pair of Kaama surface drives, now for the questions!! >

Just bought a pair of Kaama surface drives, now for the questions!!

Notices

Just bought a pair of Kaama surface drives, now for the questions!!

Old 07-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TruxtonFox
I know this thread is ancient, but did anything ever come of this as far as figuring out dimensions etc??
Not as ancient as you would think! Finally got her back together with the Kaama setup!

http://s69.photobucket.com/user/huar...lvkxm.mp4.html
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (04-10-2024)
Old 07-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh so that's sexy as hell!!! You've gotta give us a little write up or something, you're now a seasoned installer
Old 08-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TruxtonFox
Ahhh so that's sexy as hell!!! You've gotta give us a little write up or something, you're now a seasoned installer
Get yourself a cold beverage and prepare to do some reading! 20+ pages covering the whole rigging process. The Kaama upgrade starts on page 39! Let me know if you have any questions after reading through to the end!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ngoing-39.html
Old 08-02-2016, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 924 Likes on 308 Posts

I was just getting ready to ask if you were spinning those OUT as shown in the top photo. Then I saw the last photo, you had switched the props. That's one of those things you don't wanta catch after ya float it off the trailer.. There is a viral video showing what happens when ya switch the props by accident.. LOL

Nice looking setup. Any pics of the driveline inside?
Old 08-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidturbo
I was just getting ready to ask if you were spinning those OUT as shown in the top photo. Then I saw the last photo, you had switched the props. That's one of those things you don't wanta catch after ya float it off the trailer.. There is a viral video showing what happens when ya switch the props by accident.. LOL

Nice looking setup. Any pics of the driveline inside?
Actually that's the cool thing about kaama's is that the drive rotation is set at the transmission where one runs in forward and one runs in reverse. They are designed to take full power in either direction. This means if you want to spin the props the opposite way you just need to swap the props and the linkage on the tyrannies. Technically you could just run the sticks on the dash in reverse!