Notices

B Max Drives

Old 01-16-2015, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default B Max Drives

Looking for some feedback on B Max drives. Currently Running a modified Bravo ! behind about 650 hp. on a 24 ft single cat. Current drive has been fine for 200 hrs or so Upgrading to around 800hp and I see most recommendations are for Imco SCX. Looks to me if the B Max will hold up its more of a straight forward bolt on and way less expensive.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 106 Posts

The Bmax will work OK for you. But remember the lower still uses bravo XR gears. So its more comparable to the imco sc lower. Last time I checked it also cost more then the imco (about 16k vs 14.5k, less with sc lower). The installations are very similar and easy for most mechanically inclined. Scx helmet change is not that bad.

Most will recommend the imco scx upper and sc lower for strength and speed.

I like the complete scx upper and lower especially since the newest scx lower looks and runs much better then original models.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother in law had a 25 eliminator with 1000 HP+ with a bmax. Never had an upper problem. He blew the lower twice but kept a spare and swapped them. He had the boat four seasons. It would run a consistent 116mph and he ran it hard. Is the bmax lower any stronger? Used the bmax will be quite a bit less. If going new get the imco.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

At 750 hp through my XR Sporty's, I chew up lower gear sets. Not really an upgraqde for this guy. Not interested in going slower either.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

BMax has a larger upper gear set and is around 12,500 new IIRC. Good product if you are having trouble keeping uppers together. If it's lowers then you need to look at another product that makes a larger lower gear set like IMCO