Merctrans 2 rebuild. >

Merctrans 2 rebuild.

Notices

Merctrans 2 rebuild.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Merctrans 2 rebuild.

Anyone real familiar with these? Looking for info. Manual, rebuild kit, ect....

Thanks in advance.
Bill
Old 06-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rebuild procedure is all shown in the Mercruiser service Manual #2. I have this manual in PDF. If you need a copy just PM me an email address and I'll get one to ya. Kits are NLA from merc. You can get a gasket/seal kit from here. http://www.kcmarinetr.com/Default.aspx. Other parts you can dig up if you know where to look. So what did the trans do wrong that you are rebuilding it?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered

I think it lost a seal. Level went low started slipping. Haven't dug in deep yet, have a spare on the bench. Was going to get ahead of the game incase it's toast.

I was going to give kc a call tonight. :thumbs up:
A pdf would be awesome. I'll send you a pm. Thank you!!!

Last edited by ham_r_down01; 06-20-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Registered

Look around for any obvious leaks outside on the trans. Check the seal on the input shaft on front of the trans. Look inside the tail housing and see if the rear seal in there has leaked and rear housing is full of fluid. Also while looking in there see that there is a washer on the output shaft.This washer keeps the spring that's on your TRS drive yoke shaft from tearing up the rear seal.
Your slipping would either be that the clutches have worn so much that there is now too much clearance in the clutch pack for the pressure plate to overcome or the teflon seals on the output shaft inside the trans which contain the line pressure going to the pressure plate are bleeding off a lot of your pressure. This is a pretty common problem on those trannys. Usually when one of these are slipping it is the teflon seals.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Registered

No spring on the drive yoke. I know that for sure. One had it this one didn't.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

KC has been doing it a long time. I've run their updated coolers and never had any issues. Read their information about re-plumbing the exit from the cooler for better flow. Makes a huge difference.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

picklenjim, would you please send me the link to the Merctrans manual? Also, I have a problem I just posted regarding my tranny that's stuck in forward gear. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-29-2018, 02:47 PM
Registered

No link. I have the PDF I can send you but need an email address to send it to. Clutch pack is locked up. Tranny has to come out.

Last edited by picklenjim; 07-29-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by picklenjim
No link. I have the PDF I can send you but need an email address to send it to. Clutch pack is locked up. Tranny has to come out.
I tried to reply to this thread twice, but not sure if the moderator is blocking email addresses in posts. I've also tried to PM, but your box is full. Let's try this. bobby.chau at gmail dot com
Old 01-29-2020, 01:02 AM
Registered

Any chance you still have pdf. I am in Australia and hard to get info. Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.