Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
All American drive service >

All American drive service

Notices

All American drive service

Old 11-10-2023, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LaRea, do you mind providing the Lawyer name and/or contact info that you referenced? I am in the same situation as many. Sent 5,000.00 and my outdrive 2 years ago and received nothing but excuses. thanks
Old 11-10-2023, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Me too

Yes please, I will do the same I'm out $6,500.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, none of us are getting refunds. I'll PM you the lawyer's email address, but to me this is a sunk cost.
Old 11-11-2023, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LaRea
I spoke to the lawyer who is helping them empty the warehouse. His firm is not involved in the finance side, and he has no information about the possibility of refunds.
The firm that handled liquidation is Harrington & Kieft, but their website is no longer working (www.harringtonkieft.com). Unfortunately, we need to face the fact that the money is gone and we'll never see a penny of it.
Old 11-22-2023, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I'm sorry to see about George. I used to get some hard to find parts from him here and there and a few towers installed in cases. When I spoke with him during Covid he had like 100 drives he couldn't get parts for. For me, during Covid I stopped taking drives in, period. If I knew I couldn't get the parts I didn't bother taking on the work or even a deposit. I just simply walked away from the work because I didn't want to deal with the BS. Drive work is great summertime work for me but 21/22 I didn't even bother with it. In some cases it took almost a year to get backordered gearsets. Sad state of affairs. He probably got too far behind, had loads of expenses and couldn't ever catch up. Probably a prime candidate for a Covid loan if he had access. Sorry to hear about all this. frank @ fumarine.net

If you're local to northern MD, I can help with drive repairs. However, I do not do out-of-state repairs that require shipping. Drop off and pickup only.
Hi- I saw your post on OSL and wanted to comment. We did have several drives done by Georges, and for all practical purposes, he seemed like he did a good job. However, based on what I’m hearing that place is gone. I know you’re in Maryland and I’m in Michigan, but if I drove, some Blackhawk drives to you, can you check them out? Any options for strengthening? Two of the drives were allegedly strengthened by someone but I wanted to get them checked out and make sure they’re OK. Is this something you can help with? My name is Dave
I can be reached at 248-933-9409. Thank you.

The following users liked this post:
articfriends (11-23-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by sandslot
Hi- I saw your post on OSL and wanted to comment. We did have several drives done by Georges, and for all practical purposes, he seemed like he did a good job. However, based on what I’m hearing that place is gone. I know you’re in Maryland and I’m in Michigan, but if I drove, some Blackhawk drives to you, can you check them out? Any options for strengthening? Two of the drives were allegedly strengthened by someone but I wanted to get them checked out and make sure they’re OK. Is this something you can help with? My name is Dave
I can be reached at 248-933-9409. Thank you.
give him a call, Frank is VERY well versed in blackhawks and making them work, his 22 apapche is 100mph plus with a blackhawk. he redid mine as well.. great and honest service.
The following 2 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
articfriends (11-23-2023), Padraig (11-22-2023)