Notices

Trim Drive help

Old 07-04-2022, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Drive help

I have an Formula TRS drives, Engage trailer switch both drives went all the way up. I can get the starboard to go all the way down and back up with with trailer switch but only up with trim switch. Port side is stuck all the way up. I Cannot get it to go down, with trailer switch pump runs no movement with trim switch only clicks. Any thoughts sounds like there is more than one cause. Possible switch and solenoid? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2022, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

My money is on the solenoid..
Old 07-10-2022, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
My money is on the solenoid..
I had that happen before too. it’s generally the solenoid. It tends to get a little corrosion on the inside. You can pop off the caps and take a wire brush and clean the contacts. If that doesn’t work then you need to redo the Solenoid and the wiring unfortunately.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:18 AM
Registered

Just to follow up. turned out it was the switches as the drives would move with trailer switch, and one ram was froze up. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rmo5095
Just to follow up. turned out it was the switches as the drives would move with trailer switch, and one ram was froze up. Thanks.
After further investigating (actually luck) the switches work fine if Starboard ignition is on, strangest thing, I dont know if this is something done from the factory for safety or something or a circuit is wrong. But it works, and the entire boat is pretty much stock unmolested.