Xr gimbal ring and pin >

Xr gimbal ring and pin

Notices

Xr gimbal ring and pin

Old 06-02-2023, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Xr gimbal ring and pin

I have a 2001 xr drive and I believe I need a 3/4 pin for the rear of my trim cylinders because everything looks to be .750 other than my .625 pin. On top of that my gimbal ring has quit a bit of vertical movement around 3/16" what's the correction for that and is there a different style joint for the top pivot other than the cut off steering arm from when they converted to hyd steering. Either part #s or put me in touch of a good guy for drive steering parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there should be a washer on the bottom gimble pin. when you tighten the nut ontop of the steering arm you place a .010 feeler gauge ontop of washer so in theory you should have .010 vertical moment. 3/16 is allot. look where that washer is and see if the housing is wore. maybe your nut up top came loose. if nothing looks wore you could try and loosen the steering arm and retighten the nut using feeler gauge. not sure about the cut off steering arm. I did the same with mine. cut it and smoothed it out. I never though about looking for a short one