Arneson drives conversion prop calculator >

Arneson drives conversion prop calculator

Notices

Arneson drives conversion prop calculator

Old 07-02-2024, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Arneson drives conversion prop calculator

I'm wondering if anyone knows an approximate formula to convert same power from Bravo to Arneson in relation to prop size? I've got 4 months to shop for some props so I'm hoping to at least be able to get a few sizes on hand initially. Right now Herring 28 5 blades and a 1.5 ratio spin to about 5750 on my Bravos. I can spin between 5600-6000 with good results so I've got some room. Rik has indicated an increase of 10 mph is likely so taking that into account I was thinking 32 - 34" 5 blades would be in the ball park. I seen a video on youtube of a 32AT with about the same power but he there isn't any notes on what size props he's using. Anyone happen to know?
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 290 Likes on 100 Posts

If i recall Rik told me rake is one of the most important factor, dont bother with anything less the 18 degrees when shopping. Ive not really heard of anyone using Bravo B1 props, cant imagine thats going to be a great choice running on the surface.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; Yesterday at 09:31 AM.
Old Today, 04:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 281 Likes on 116 Posts

Glass Dave's spot on. For my boat I run 18x35x18r 5 blade mercury #6 cleavers- 108 mph. My other set of cleavers are 18x37x18r- 110 mph. I have twin 850hp. If you run anything under 18 inch diameter it is hard to get on plane.