Ratio change in an Arneson? >

Ratio change in an Arneson?

Notices

Ratio change in an Arneson?

Old 07-07-2024, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Ratio change in an Arneson?

I am wondering if the ratio can be changed easily on these units? I am looking for a 1.56 ratio, but have found other ratios for sale. Also I am just wanting to know as much about these units as possible. It seems odd that all the trans from BAM are 1:1... Does anyone know of other options to modify final ratios? I can get a pair of 1.3 but would want the final to be 1.5-1.6. What determines what the best ratio would be for a given application?
Old 07-07-2024, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Bam transmissions are utilize a 1:1 as it makes for the strongest/ smallest package with the Borg Warner 72c transmissions. You could always locate ZF or twin disk transmission that have different ratios available and some models are 2 speeds. They are inherently larger and heavier -- but do offer the ability for a reverse rotation at the same hi torque numbers as forward rotation, a nice option if your Arneson drives are both same rotation... The boat, weight, hp, all determine the "best ratio"
Good Luck
Old 07-08-2024, 02:08 AM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 152 Posts

Arneson drives have a chain drive or gear drive for the counter rotating prop.

Gears and sprockets for the chain can be sourced from Rik at Arneson Industries.

Old 07-08-2024, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

So I am doing a Bravo conversion kit so Rik is telling me there aren't any good transmission options. He can change them to the 1.56 but it will cost over 5k to do. I was hoping someone out there has done this themselves... All the signs were pointing toward these being easily servicable...
Old 07-09-2024, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 152 Posts

What was the quote for the gear set and sprocket/chain set?

Or did he only quote the complete service cost for in-house?
Old 07-10-2024, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by im MartinB
So I am doing a Bravo conversion kit so Rik is telling me there aren't any good transmission options. He can change them to the 1.56 but it will cost over 5k to do. I was hoping someone out there has done this themselves... All the signs were pointing toward these being easily servicable...
are you tryig to work around him? hes the the guy so what he says is most likly true