converter box for nmea 2000 >

converter box for nmea 2000

Notices

converter box for nmea 2000

Old 04-16-2023, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snipers

Are you currently making anything for holley snipper? If so i would love a pair.
QUOTE=kidturbo;4669652]MEFI 3 is pre-canbus design, but there is a guy who make an N2k gateway specially for those MEFI units. Check out fox-marine.com for a list of what gauges his units provide. Besides that, yes the Noland units would be other option for converting analog sensor into N2k data.

-K.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-22-2023, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselGuy
Are you currently making anything for holley snipper?
The latest gateway version should work with any of the Holley units. Sniper unit just lacks some of the inputs found on others, like Oil Pressure. However all the other gauge stuff like temps and rpm are converted like normal. Could be possible to bring oil pressure in on an auxiliary input line, if you have any available.

Old 09-01-2023, 01:54 AM
Registered

Have some quick updates on the Holley protocol gateways. Our latest firmware now works with the Holley Standard protocol rather than Racepak. No need change the CANbus settings in the tune file. This also allows for using a Holley display, along side the N2k gateways on the same ECU network. The other benefit to moving away from Racepak, now when you set a Alarm Warning value in the tune file, it directly translates into a N2k Alarm pop up on all your MFD's.

We have also split this new protocol into two to different layout options. Airboats and Inboards.
The Airboat option covers all the basic engine gauges and alarms standard to the HEFI and supported by most MFD's today. For the Inboard option, we settled on covering 3 auxiliary input channels based on customer most requested. Drive Trim, Oil Temp, Water Pressure. These are configured in the ECU tune files Inputs table as before, but now with options to set range alarms on each like above.

Last, we found some differences in the data broadcast used on the Sniper setup compared to the HP, Dom, and Termx. So we released a special firmware version that specifically covers the TBI units. Also have a customer exploring the options to add oil pressure senor on the Super version with auxiliary input channels.

To anyone running the original Racepak version, and would like to upgrade to the Standard version, shoot me a message including the serial numbers from each gateway, and I'll compile ya a firmware to load the updates. Full details on the N2k PGN list covered now available here. https://marinemods.us/store/index.ph...product_id=125

Cheers

-K

Old 09-01-2023, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Ken your a genius! That's great news! Looks like I'll be needing another set also...

Dave
Old 09-01-2023, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very cool! I'm a couple of months away from needing 2.
Old 09-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
Ken your a genius! That's great news! Looks like I'll be needing another set also...

Dave
From that simple question posted here all those years ago, to now over 300 units out in the real world. A dozen different protocols added, crazy multi-engine builds, landed these boxes in some of the fastest things on water. Guess I could make ya deal on a pair..

We do owe this latest HEFI protocol upgrade to the airboat guys running the Terminator ECU's. No Racepak output available now. So I finally had to set down and sort out that original protocol we started with.
The following 3 users liked this post by kidturbo:
Rookie (09-02-2023), TomZ (09-27-2023), Xcomunic8d (09-01-2023)