Notices

CD Player

Old 01-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player

I would like to get a CD player for my boat. I would like the option of having satellite radio? Do I need an antenna for my boat with having satellite radio? What's a good brand? Where to buy one from. How much does one cost? My boat came with a radio and no CD player. I like my music and would like to listen to my CDs. As well as listening to satellite radio.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Fusion Marine Audio makes a nice one and you can add an ipod dock if you wanted. It is single din size so will fit in most existing locations
Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Registered

Skip the CD they are a PIA in a boat. Get a unit that takes a usb and use memory sticks, or you can plug in a tablet and run a DJ program. Having to deal with CD's while running is no fun. I actually just plug my phone into an aux hookup when I am running, I can either run Pandora or play music that I have stored. When I am on the hook I use my laptop and setup a playlist in a program called virtual dj it's free at www.virtualdj.com.

There are several good brands out there. Your boat should have had a Clarion from the factory unless someone changed it. So look at one of their units. I like the Alpines and Rockford units. Just stay away from the cheap brands like Boss, Jensen, Maxima, or anything you can get a Wal-Mart as even though it may be a Pioneer or Sony it's cheaper stuff.

Also the ugly antenna needed for satellite radio sucks as well. I had XM at one time. I like Pandora much better so if you have a smart phone go that way. Plus Pandora is free....

Last edited by Nightlife1970; 01-02-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Registered

Clarion CMD8 is the first option that I always recommend. That Outlaw probably has the radio in front of the passengers seat. If that's true, it's completely exposed to anything outside. The CMD8 has a sealed face. You can add wired remotes to the helm and transom. It has USB and Aux input on the rear, AM/FM/CD on front, and the ability to add SiriusXM.

One of my companies may be picking up Fusion Marine, so hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on their head units.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Registered

Kenwood makes good marine units. We sell 3 or 4 a month and everyone likes them. I use a Kenwood in my boat.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Registered

Ive just started using a usb drive...im still a bit leary of the dynamics of sound quality but so far it cannot be beat for ease of use and durability ...Here's a file convertor for flac to mp3

http://www.imploded.com/products/hel...dio-converter/

Last edited by Pliant; 08-02-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 328 Likes on 183 Posts

I love being able to plug in a thumb drive loaded with music, selecting shuffle and kicking back to enjoy the tunes, sun and being on the boat.

Padraig
Old 08-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

OMG CD Player.. Are back on that again.. Where are my Metallica CD's. lol

Chris